PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 03:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint

stevenjchang is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it Legal/Illegal to sell a custom rom phone?

i am selling my touch diamond as i've upgraded to a TP2

mine is unlcoked and has a custom rom (OJM) installed.
can i just sell it like that on ebay? is that legal? i can revert it back to its original state and relock it, but i figure people would rather have the custom rom.

does ebay allow something like that, just wondering.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Is it Legal/Illegal to sell a custom rom phone?

I doubt it is illegal, but I would just sell it with a stock rom on it. Almost all roms have some sort of problem (including stock ones), and it would be easier for the buyer to get support on a stock rom. If they really want a custom ROM, it would be better for them to get it on the phone themselves .
Old 08-03-2010, 04:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

monkeyboy is keeping up the good workmonkeyboy is keeping up the good work

I've sold several custom rom phones on ebay. I always put the details in the description and offer the choice to flash back to stock. No one has asked for stock... Indeed having the custom rom I believe has gotten me higher offers and closing prices...
Old 08-10-2010, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ctiger is becoming a great contributor

Guys, I have a question. I was using a sprint diamond, with OMJ's rom. I switched to TP2, but when I tried to re-activate the diamond, I can't get it to work, it won't auto activate like the TP2 with stock does. So do I have to flash back to stock? do I have to relock before I use the stock rom or I can just load the stock on the unlocked phone? Can I just install the Update profile and PRL to update and activate? TIA!!!!
Old 08-10-2010, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c (busted)

PhatboyNYC is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiger View Post
Guys, I have a question. I was using a sprint diamond, with OMJ's rom. I switched to TP2, but when I tried to re-activate the diamond, I can't get it to work, it won't auto activate like the TP2 with stock does. So do I have to flash back to stock? do I have to relock before I use the stock rom or I can just load the stock on the unlocked phone? Can I just install the Update profile and PRL to update and activate? TIA!!!!
I had the same issue with my TP2 when I unlocked it and installed a custom rom before activating it. The data services wouldn't work. I had to reinstall the stock Sprint rom, activate it, then reinstall the custom rom and everything worked fine.

Btw, what do you think of the Diamond if you don't mind me asking? I'm actually thinking of selling my TP2 as I don't like the bulkiness from the keyboard and picking up a Diamond instead.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ctiger is becoming a great contributor

I have to say, after using TP2, diamond is too small for me. The screen is just too small. I didn't say I like TP2, I actually hate the bulk too, why in hell do they make it like a self defense weapon. I once thought I don't mind the bulky, but after seeing the iPhone, the new samsung phone... every single other smart phone is thin like paper, and this TP2 just feel like a brick. Even worse, that's the only sprint offer right now for SERO.
For Diamond again, the screen is just too small, and most space is wasted for some useless, huge buttons, those buttons are useless. I love the nav button though. Diamond lacks the proximate sensor I think.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond