PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 01:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

josh3794 is keeping up the good workjosh3794 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Rom/radio help htc diamond

You have to download the omarket app. but if you google freewarepocketpc (all one word) the first hit will take you to a good site for most apps. This is the site that omarket takes you to. Other then that figure out what you want to do and find an app to do that. ppcgeeks has a lot of apps and so does xda developers. If for some reason something says GSM only don't use it. Also the diamond is considered a vga phone. So don't try and put anything marked qvga or wvga on the phone. It won't work.
Is there something specific you are looking for?

Ring tones you can download from pretty much anywhere off the net. You would put the ring tone file into the folder my device > my documents > My ringtones.

One mention on this. There are a few problems with the ring tones in windows mobile (wm). MOst roms can only use .wav music files for ringtones. So whenyou are looking look for wav files or convert the files you want to use. You would have to find a converter to do that and I don't know of one off hand.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

With all due respect, maybe the OP should go with a Titanium 6.5 rom. In my opinion, that may be much faster and easier to navigate instead of an Energy Rom with Sense. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter

pimped_up is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

With all due respect, maybe the OP should go with a Titanium 6.5 rom. In my opinion, that may be much faster and easier to navigate instead of an Energy Rom with Sense. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
I dont mind trying that also.
Where would I find that?
She is a little annoyed with the energy rom
No ring tones
face book (has to click menu then facebook application)
Old 07-27-2010, 02:16 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1882554 You could try that ROM or mine for a nice one.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:24 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pimped_up is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1882554 You could try that ROM or mine for a nice one.

I didnt see the download link.
Few questions.

What is sense?
What is Manilla?
Old 07-27-2010, 10:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

josh3794 is keeping up the good workjosh3794 is keeping up the good work

I had suggested the Very light sense rom. But I am also going by how I started out and what worked for me. The energy rom was a good one as it had everything and let me see what did what.

Sense is a User interface designed by htc. The tabs on the bottom, the different clocks all that neat stuff. There are different versions of it. The energy rom primarily uses sense.

Titanium is the Windows designed user interface I believe. The others can correct me if I am wrong. It is a completely different feel from sense.

Again it comes down to personal preference in which you prefer. I use sense and run cookie's home tab over it. My wife on the other hand likes titanium for her phone.

Here is the download link to the rom's that Mrobvious was talking about.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...89#post1850189
And he is right it is a good rom.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pimped_up is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh3794 View Post
I had suggested the Very light sense rom. But I am also going by how I started out and what worked for me. The energy rom was a good one as it had everything and let me see what did what.

Sense is a User interface designed by htc. The tabs on the bottom, the different clocks all that neat stuff. There are different versions of it. The energy rom primarily uses sense.

Titanium is the Windows designed user interface I believe. The others can correct me if I am wrong. It is a completely different feel from sense.

Again it comes down to personal preference in which you prefer. I use sense and run cookie's home tab over it. My wife on the other hand likes titanium for her phone.

great thanks. you guys are so much help. is it possible to flash on a mac?
Old 07-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pimped_up is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh3794 View Post

Which one do I download?
Titanium, 21895 (6.5), Light, July 25, 2010: Click Here
Titanium, 23541 (6.5.x), Light, July 26, 2010: Click Here

And is it possible to have hotmail on a Diamond without messenger?
I just want a hotmail icon like I have on my iphone
Old 07-27-2010, 09:30 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yes. Just mount your Diamond in Disk Drive mode and rename the NBH to DIAMIMG.nbh from the RUU you download for the ROM.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:01 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pimped_up is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Yes. Just mount your Diamond in Disk Drive mode and rename the NBH to DIAMIMG.nbh from the RUU you download for the ROM.
Hello. Im not exactly sure what question you were answering there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond