PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   anyone have barebone rom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=128376)

wiinet 07-12-2010 02:35 AM

anyone have barebone rom

Hi, does anyone have a barebone 6.5 rom?
Like a super stripped down version with only functions to dial, and the ie browser. None of the extras like office, sense, or anything that enhances the looks.
Thanks

MrObvious 07-12-2010 01:20 PM

Re: anyone have barebone rom

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiinet (Post 1861567)
Hi, does anyone have a barebone 6.5 rom?
Like a super stripped down version with only functions to dial, and the ie browser. None of the extras like office, sense, or anything that enhances the looks.
Thanks

Mine is pretty close but I have Office cooked in. You could download a kitchen and do it yourself.

2 Bunny 07-12-2010 02:35 PM

KITCHEN Reply

Yeah, like Mr.Obvious said, you could use a Kitchen and cook together something yourself. You may have been intimidated by the complicated looking kitchens that people use for the Diamond nowadays (I was at first, and still am a bit, LOL!), but if you'd like, I can give you an ERV File for a WM6.1 ROM that will get you started. All you've gotta do is deselect the stuff I added that you don't want, and it already starts out with 80MB free.

Good Luck!

- 2 Bunny

wiinet 07-12-2010 05:44 PM

Re: anyone have barebone rom

thanks for the reply.
I tried the kitchen, its great, but there are stuff in there for 'sys' and some other stuff that's in there that confuses me. i dont know what they are for, and what is needed and what can be taken out. i do all the cooking on a netbook XD so its really slow.
besides, i was trying to see is there anyone that made a rom with nothing special, but the ability to call and surf under sprint network. XD
all the cooked roms are nice, but the fact that i cant delete them out by uninstall is quite troublesome.

2 Bunny 07-12-2010 08:58 PM

ELITE KITCHEN Reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiinet (Post 1862402)
thanks for the reply.
I tried the kitchen, its great, but there are stuff in there for 'sys' and some other stuff that's in there that confuses me. i dont know what they are for, and what is needed and what can be taken out. i do all the cooking on a netbook XD so its really slow.
besides, i was trying to see is there anyone that made a rom with nothing special, but the ability to call and surf under sprint network. XD
all the cooked roms are nice, but the fact that i cant delete them out by uninstall is quite troublesome.

I know where you're coming from there, it seems pretty overwhelming, but in essence, most of the options available are actually for advanced users. Just find a good, premade ERV file, and check or uncheck things with legible names that seem handy or a pain. If you wanna swing on by the OMJ kitchen thread, me and Oliver are working with some ERV files tomorrow and this afternoon, if you wanna borrow one of the thread attachments.

- 2 Bunny