PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

l3arc0de is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how do i virginize my diamond (cdma)

I just picked up a used Bell Diamond and the guy that had it changed the rom and add some software. Most of the stuff I don't like or need so I want to remove everything.

My question is, is there a way to "format" it and return it back to the way it was the day it was bought?

So basiclly the stock rom and nothing else.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: how do i virginize my diamond (cdma)

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3arc0de View Post
I just picked up a used Bell Diamond and the guy that had it changed the rom and add some software. Most of the stuff I don't like or need so I want to remove everything.

My question is, is there a way to "format" it and return it back to the way it was the day it was bought?

So basiclly the stock rom and nothing else.

Thanks in advance.
just flash the stock bell rom in here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57013
Old 06-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

l3arc0de is a n00b

Will this effect my phones functionality? will I have to program my phone after the rom is installed?
Old 06-27-2010, 12:41 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3arc0de View Post
Will this effect my phones functionality? will I have to program my phone after the rom is installed?
is the phone activated on bell? if so, then you shouldn't need to do anything.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

l3arc0de is a n00b

Yes its hooked up to the bell network now. I just want to start fresh and clear all the garbage out of the memory.

Thanks for your help
Old 06-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I agree with razor.
Flash the shipped rom and clear storage and format internal storage after you flash. Then you'll be back to the original setup.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:57 PM
VIP Member

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/18.794; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I agree with razor.
Flash the shipped rom and clear storage and format internal storage after you flash. Then you'll be back to the original setup.
unfortunately, there is no bell shipped rom available for the diamond. a shipped rom flashes the OS rom, radio rom, pri, prl and boot splash. the bell stock rom i gave him a link to is OS rom only.

Last edited by razorloves; 06-28-2010 at 04:09 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

higher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Flashing with bell stock rom will work.
I use stock rom first then i flash to a new custom rom
Old 06-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/18.794; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor

I agree with razor.
unfortunately, there is no bell shipped rom available for the diamond. shipped rom flashes the OS rom, radio rom, pri, prl and boot splash. the bell stock rom a gave him a link to is OS rom only.
Well, that sucks.
Nothing on xda either?
Old 06-28-2010, 04:11 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

Well, that sucks.
Nothing on xda either?
nope...no where. not even on conflipper's website. that's why there's no diamond bell radio also. so, if he has a non-bell radio on his phone, he's stuck with it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond