PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 04:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BurgsideTiger is keeping up the good workBurgsideTiger is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Stock Touchflo to Sense 2.5??

As the title states, I have been reading and reading about this topic. I have a stock sprint rom, with some taskbar changes, and a few other minor tweaks with the clock and such. I have been trying to figure out how to go about changing from touchflo 3.0, which is what my settings tell me is installed, to sense 2.5. I have seen many really nice looking themes for this, and was thinking about going that route. But I get conflicting info about what the first step is.

I am looking to do this with cab files (yes, its lazy but I have little time anymore). I have read thread after thread, but most mention tf3d 2.0. By now tho, most people are already at sense 2.1 or 2.5. I am just looking to get started, and make things nicer.

I was also wondering if those cab files for sense changes are uninstallable. And if so, does it take you back to stock, or does it take you back to whatever modifications you had made prior to the cab install?

One last thing that I just thought of.... I have spent alot of time getting my phone the way that it looks now, with changing the taskbar, and slider icons. So is there a way to save those changes, like making a cab file of the phone, just how it is right now. That way if I ever needed to do a hardreset, I could just restore my phone to this state every time?

I know, lots of questions, but I have spent 2 weeks off and on researching these questions, and I don't get any clear answers about it. Due to the reality that I could need to hard reset if I mess something up, I have been too afraid to attempt things blindly on my own. So any help is needed.

Thanks[-o<
personally im not a fan of the reach around either. its not that per se, but more whats going on behind!. i hope you meant they always give you the run around, cuz if not, id avoid that store altogether!
Old 06-22-2010, 10:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stock Touchflo to Sense 2.5??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgsideTiger View Post
As the title states, I have been reading and reading about this topic. I have a stock sprint rom, with some taskbar changes, and a few other minor tweaks with the clock and such. I have been trying to figure out how to go about changing from touchflo 3.0, which is what my settings tell me is installed, to sense 2.5. I have seen many really nice looking themes for this, and was thinking about going that route. But I get conflicting info about what the first step is.

I am looking to do this with cab files (yes, its lazy but I have little time anymore). I have read thread after thread, but most mention tf3d 2.0. By now tho, most people are already at sense 2.1 or 2.5. I am just looking to get started, and make things nicer.

I was also wondering if those cab files for sense changes are uninstallable. And if so, does it take you back to stock, or does it take you back to whatever modifications you had made prior to the cab install?

One last thing that I just thought of.... I have spent alot of time getting my phone the way that it looks now, with changing the taskbar, and slider icons. So is there a way to save those changes, like making a cab file of the phone, just how it is right now. That way if I ever needed to do a hardreset, I could just restore my phone to this state every time?

I know, lots of questions, but I have spent 2 weeks off and on researching these questions, and I don't get any clear answers about it. Due to the reality that I could need to hard reset if I mess something up, I have been too afraid to attempt things blindly on my own. So any help is needed.

Thanks[-o<
There is no cab for sense 2.5. There are too many files and dependencies to make it work. You have to flash a custom ROM to get sense 2.5. You can try to cab install sense 2.1 LINKS HERE. If you uninstall it (assuming it's uninstallable), you will end up with the files in ROM...not your customized stuff you added. You would have to make your own cab to install all of the mods you like if you want one cab to do it all. Otherwise, just install the cabs again that are compatible with sense 2.1. You can look into tools like sprite backup, but I find it easier to just re-install cabs, restore registry settings, mods, etc. myself.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond