PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Need Help!!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125082)

lucario07 06-14-2010 02:06 AM

Need Help!!!!

My diamond is bricked, I've tried hard resetting and not to mention my phone is locked,
any suggestions

Carla 06-14-2010 06:19 PM

Re: Need Help!!!!

Can you put it into bootloader and flash stock ROM?

horndoctor 06-14-2010 07:57 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Yeah, turn it off. Then push and hold the volume down button and then press and hold the power button and continue holding those buttons down and see if the tricolor bootloader screen comes up. If so then you can download the shipped rom for your carrier and connect your usb cable to your pc and flash the shipped stock rom.

mwalt2 06-15-2010 10:30 AM

It would also be helpful to what you did to "brick" it. The things I know that actually brick a phone are: 1) hardware problem 2) flash GSM radio to CDMA device (or vice vera) 3) use GSM unlocker on a CDMA device (or vice versa). If you don't think it's a hardware problem, and you didn't do 2 or 3, I'd guess you're not really "bricked".

lucario07 06-16-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwalt2 (Post 1816201)
It would also be helpful to what you did to "brick" it. The things I know that actually brick a phone are: 1) hardware problem 2) flash GSM radio to CDMA device (or vice vera) 3) use GSM unlocker on a CDMA device (or vice versa). If you don't think it's a hardware problem, and you didn't do 2 or 3, I'd guess you're not really "bricked".

I think its a hardware problem because it just stayed on the splash screen in a random day, and yes I did try flashing to shipped but with no luck and I did not flash to a gsm rom.

lucario07 06-16-2010 06:21 PM

and I also got a question with hard reseting, when I used to hard reset there only used to be two options, one to format and one to cancel, but now there is an option to format MoviNand, the roms I've tried to flash were sprint shipped and sprint leaked, none of them worked.

orangekid 06-16-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucario07 (Post 1819349)
and I also got a question with hard reseting, when I used to hard reset there only used to be two options, one to format and one to cancel, but now there is an option to format MoviNand, the roms I've tried to flash were sprint shipped and sprint leaked, none of them worked.

I would take out the battery for 10 mins, re-insert and try sprint stock.

horndoctor 06-19-2010 08:47 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucario07

Those options are normal.
Did you flash the shipped rom from bootloader?