PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: cricket

darrylking06 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What is the best Rom to use

on a htc diamond
Old 06-01-2010, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: verizon/page plus

rooster95 is just getting started
Re: What is the best Rom to use

lol wats "BEST" is up to you... but the cleanest would say is omj. energy gives u a lot with nice themes looks etc. mik has some fast clean nice roms . fearless has a nice custom theme along with three others and uses sashimi which allows u to pik ur apps good feauture he will update this week along with the new maxsense which im waiting upon and the rest are pretty decent as well but to me these are the top 4 good luck

hit that thanks button
Old 06-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Smile ADVICE Reply

And if if I could add in my own little thing here (a lot of people might disagree with me, but that's okay - we're all different right? LOL!), look for a Windows Mobile 6.1 instead of 6.5. I tried 6.5 and it was too buggy and bulky for me, and to be honest, I really almost hated it. I had to go back to 6.1. There are some good things about 6.5, including the cool looking (while far less useful) default homescreen (Touchflow 3D is the same, but it is less useful with a very large eye candy appeal ☺).

Maybe its just me. LOL! I'd give it a shot though. Either way, good luck.

- 2 Bunny
Old 06-02-2010, 02:03 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to General Diamond Discussion
Old 06-02-2010, 06:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

eglynum is just getting started

EnergyROM. It's the only rom that can play music without little gaps every couple of songs. Every other rom I've tried in the past will do it without fail. If you can get through one whole song, then you know it's coming in the next one (like hitting a CD player). Stock, Juicy, MightyMike, GrooveROM, OMJ, and FearlessROM all do it. I haven't tried any others. Even if you don't listen to music on your phone, EnergyROMs are typically better than the rest.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Hello. My name is Success
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

fr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eglynum View Post
EnergyROM. It's the only rom that can play music without little gaps every couple of songs. Every other rom I've tried in the past will do it without fail. If you can get through one whole song, then you know it's coming in the next one (like hitting a CD player). Stock, Juicy, MightyMike, GrooveROM, OMJ, and FearlessROM all do it. I haven't tried any others. Even if you don't listen to music on your phone, EnergyROMs are typically better than the rest.
I listen to music constantly on my ROM and this doesnt happen to me at all. But yea the "best" ROM is your own opinion. Try all of them and you will find the best for you.

<---- Continuation Of The GTX Sense Theme---->
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

eglynum is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3sh_t0_d3f View Post
I listen to music constantly on my ROM and this doesnt happen to me at all. But yea the "best" ROM is your own opinion. Try all of them and you will find the best for you.
I totally agree with that. Flash your ass off. Just know that the music thing is a real problem - it's just not consistent from user to user. A while ago I did a lot of reading a searching for an answer with no luck. I even tried swapping out my diamond for a new one.

Possibly, it has to do with where you live (because radio reception or switching cell towers is somehow interfering - this is also what causes the backlight to turn on by itself - especially when driving). But you can be sure that EnergyROM is the best if you live in the mountainous Seattle area. It's too bad there's no rom that solves that damn backlight problem.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: MTS

tryptik is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eglynum View Post
this is also what causes the backlight to turn on by itself - especially when driving). But you can be sure that EnergyROM is the best if you live in the mountainous Seattle area. It's too bad there's no rom that solves that damn backlight problem.

Hmm never had a problem before with my diamond where the backlight came on, on its own.
Personally i do like the Energy Rom series. I am currently tinkering around with just the regular Titanium. Sense UI was getting a little old for me.

But really, flash flash flash.. You will find one that u like.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Dianmond
Carrier: Boostmobile

germanvp is a n00b

does any one knows how can i upgrade from WM6.1 to WM6.5 on my Sprint HTC Diamond
Old 07-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanvp View Post
does any one knows how can i upgrade from WM6.1 to WM6.5 on my Sprint HTC Diamond
Go here and make sure to read the stickies about unlocking, flashing etc...As well as everything else. As you will see you have numerous ROMs to choose from.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond