PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   What is the best Rom to use (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123174)

darrylking06 06-01-2010 01:38 PM

What is the best Rom to use

on a htc diamond

rooster95 06-01-2010 03:08 PM

Re: What is the best Rom to use

lol wats "BEST" is up to you... but the cleanest would say is omj. energy gives u a lot with nice themes looks etc. mik has some fast clean nice roms . fearless has a nice custom theme along with three others and uses sashimi which allows u to pik ur apps good feauture he will update this week along with the new maxsense which im waiting upon and the rest are pretty decent as well but to me these are the top 4 good luck

hit that thanks button

2 Bunny 06-01-2010 04:50 PM

ADVICE Reply

And if if I could add in my own little thing here (a lot of people might disagree with me, but that's okay - we're all different right? LOL!), look for a Windows Mobile 6.1 instead of 6.5. I tried 6.5 and it was too buggy and bulky for me, and to be honest, I really almost hated it. I had to go back to 6.1. There are some good things about 6.5, including the cool looking (while far less useful) default homescreen (Touchflow 3D is the same, but it is less useful with a very large eye candy appeal ☺).

Maybe its just me. LOL! I'd give it a shot though. Either way, good luck.

- 2 Bunny

Carla 06-02-2010 02:03 AM

Moved to General Diamond Discussion

eglynum 06-02-2010 06:01 AM

EnergyROM. It's the only rom that can play music without little gaps every couple of songs. Every other rom I've tried in the past will do it without fail. If you can get through one whole song, then you know it's coming in the next one (like hitting a CD player). Stock, Juicy, MightyMike, GrooveROM, OMJ, and FearlessROM all do it. I haven't tried any others. Even if you don't listen to music on your phone, EnergyROMs are typically better than the rest.

fr3sh_t0_d3f 06-02-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eglynum (Post 1786744)
EnergyROM. It's the only rom that can play music without little gaps every couple of songs. Every other rom I've tried in the past will do it without fail. If you can get through one whole song, then you know it's coming in the next one (like hitting a CD player). Stock, Juicy, MightyMike, GrooveROM, OMJ, and FearlessROM all do it. I haven't tried any others. Even if you don't listen to music on your phone, EnergyROMs are typically better than the rest.

I listen to music constantly on my ROM and this doesnt happen to me at all. But yea the "best" ROM is your own opinion. Try all of them and you will find the best for you.

eglynum 06-02-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fr3sh_t0_d3f (Post 1787348)
I listen to music constantly on my ROM and this doesnt happen to me at all. But yea the "best" ROM is your own opinion. Try all of them and you will find the best for you.

I totally agree with that. Flash your ass off. Just know that the music thing is a real problem - it's just not consistent from user to user. A while ago I did a lot of reading a searching for an answer with no luck. I even tried swapping out my diamond for a new one.

Possibly, it has to do with where you live (because radio reception or switching cell towers is somehow interfering - this is also what causes the backlight to turn on by itself - especially when driving). But you can be sure that EnergyROM is the best if you live in the mountainous Seattle area. It's too bad there's no rom that solves that damn backlight problem.

tryptik 06-02-2010 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eglynum (Post 1788282)
this is also what causes the backlight to turn on by itself - especially when driving). But you can be sure that EnergyROM is the best if you live in the mountainous Seattle area. It's too bad there's no rom that solves that damn backlight problem.

Hmm never had a problem before with my diamond where the backlight came on, on its own.
Personally i do like the Energy Rom series. I am currently tinkering around with just the regular Titanium. Sense UI was getting a little old for me.

But really, flash flash flash.. You will find one that u like.

germanvp 07-12-2010 08:54 AM

does any one knows how can i upgrade from WM6.1 to WM6.5 on my Sprint HTC Diamond

Carla 07-12-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by germanvp (Post 1861667)
does any one knows how can i upgrade from WM6.1 to WM6.5 on my Sprint HTC Diamond

Go here and make sure to read the stickies about unlocking, flashing etc...As well as everything else. As you will see you have numerous ROMs to choose from.