PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond 3051
Carrier: Telus

Retek is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lost MMS settings

Brand New to this forum, so Hello!

I recently flashed (about a week ago) my Telus HTC Touch Diamond, and tried to send an MMS for the first time - I just bought the phone and flashed and unlocked using the stickied guide with Energy ROM. The send failed, which leads me to assume that I've lost my MMS settings. Any advice on how to get them back?

Thanks!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff
Re: Lost MMS settings

A quick forum search yielded the link below. Hopefully, it will help...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...s+mms+settings

Best to all,
R
Old 05-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retek View Post
Brand New to this forum, so Hello!

I recently flashed (about a week ago) my Telus HTC Touch Diamond, and tried to send an MMS for the first time - I just bought the phone and flashed and unlocked using the stickied guide with Energy ROM. The send failed, which leads me to assume that I've lost my MMS settings. Any advice on how to get them back?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
A quick forum search yielded the link below. Hopefully, it will help...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...s+mms+settings

Best to all,
R
Also, you may need to install a Telus Carrier cab here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1230838738

Then I would go from the start menu to settings/system and click on Update Profile and Update PRL to make sure you have the latest data and prl settings.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Retek is a n00b

I called Telus just now trying to upgrade my plan and they said since I'm on the old CDMA network - that I can't send MMS. I'm utterly confused at this. Basically I can't send picture messages on my new Diamond but could on my P.O.S. LG Shine?!
Old 05-19-2010, 12:03 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retek
I called Telus just now trying to upgrade my plan and they said since I'm on the old CDMA network - that I can't send MMS. I'm utterly confused at this. Basically I can't send picture messages on my new Diamond but could on my P.O.S. LG Shine?!

I think they are just trying to get you to upgrade to a new device.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Retek is a n00b

If I seem new to this - I am.

What do I have to do exactly? In steps please .

1) start a partnership with my computer and my diamond.
2)...
Old 05-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
If I seem new to this - I am.

What do I have to do exactly? In steps please .

1) start a partnership with my computer and my diamond.
2)...
First I would try downloading that carrier cab I linked you to and placing it somewhere in device memory like your My Documents folder.
Then click on it to run and install it. Install it to device memory.
Then from the start menu go to Settings then click the System tab. Then click on Update Profile and wait for it to update your data profile. Then exit that. Then click on Update PRL and wait for it to update your Preferred Roaming List. Then exit that.
Then wait a min.
Then soft reset/reboot using the red button under the battery door on the bottom right with your stylus.
Then wait till it boots up. Then try to send a mms and see if it works.
If not, you probably need to follow the link rhacy linked you to and follow all the steps to get it going.
You'll get it if you take some time to go through the steps.
Good Luck!!
Old 05-19-2010, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Retek, wish I could help more, but I'm fairly clueless about Telus MMS routing. Plus, what horndoctor said, sounds like good advice. With Sprint, we can just run a Picture Mail cab and MMS works strait away.

Best of luck,
R
Old 05-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Retek is a n00b

Okay, So I figured out how to install CABs, but cannot access this after I still it. How do you update those things on the ENERGY rom? I installed to device and the only thing remote close to it is the "carrier provisioning" option, but that didn't fix anything.

Sorry to be a pain guys, but I'd love to get picture messaging working at least.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:01 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Okay, So I figured out how to install CABs, but cannot access this after I still it. How do you update those things on the ENERGY rom? I installed to device and the only thing remote close to it is the "carrier provisioning" option, but that didn't fix anything.

Sorry to be a pain guys, but I'd love to get picture messaging working at least.
You don't have update prl & profile?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond