PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint

stevenjchang is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM6.5 Titanium... can i get a program launcher??

so on a titanium you have

pictures
music
phone
voicemail
clock
text
calendar
favorites
windows live

BUT you dont have an applications launcher, or a shortcut to specific user chosen programs.

help, any way to do that, via a cab or something.

------

second question,

if i hit the "start button" then i goto the list of all programs. is there a way to customize the order in which they appear??
also, i'm using omj's 6.5.3 rom, and he has some folders, like system tools, application, system, multimedia... is there a way i can get some of the files out of these subfolders?
Old 05-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Basically clicking the Start Button and having the Honeycomb Start Menu come up is your program launcher. That's the basic concept of 6.5.
I think you can manipulate the order of the apps on the Start Menu by using File Explorer and navigating to Windows/Start Menu/Programs and sorting them.
I believe you can create folders there to consolidate apps.
I'm sure there probably are installable launcher apps that you could try. Just have to do your homework.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: WM6.5 Titanium... can i get a program launcher??

Like horndoctor said, with WM6.5 Titanium, you can tap and hold on any of the folders or icons in the start menu and move them up or down etc... You can also use TotalCommander's file explorer, it's built into OMJ's ROMs, and change the .lnk location of specific program shortcut links. You will find these shortcut links in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs and it's sub folders. Just copy or move any of the sub folder program links to the Start Menu Programs Folder or vice versa.

If you want to get into customizing Titanium, and add a programs or weather section etc.. to it, check out CHome Editor. You can use the search button here at ppcgeeks and or check on this xda link below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=506951

As far as program launchers go, yes... there are some available for 6.5. Off the top of my head, Panoramic Launcher (payware) is one that I used back on some 6.1 ROMs. It worked fairly well, but was buggy sometimes. It has been updated many times since I last used it, so hopefully it's even better now.

Hope this helps a little...
Best to all,
R

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond