PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   launchpad help!!!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121500)

slackernick 05-17-2010 06:32 PM

launchpad help!!!!!

hey guys, im running a htc diamond unlocked i had the panoramic launchpad installed for almost a year. but today it wiped out all the shortcuts i put on there and anytime i go to it it gives me the windows loading sign. its still usable but i cant go to setting at bottom. and it keeps deleting the games i put on there.i tried to delete it off the phone and reinstall but same thing. PLUS it cant find every single folder or whatever to get everything off there...someone please help me get it off my phone and get it back or a new launcher PLEASE

O..and im running mighty mike rom 4.6 i think

horndoctor 05-17-2010 08:51 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Please clarify what you mean by panoramic launchpad. Is this part of Manila, Titanium, or is this part of an app you have installed? :scratch:
You may need to hard reset to fix this.

slackernick 05-17-2010 09:01 PM

Re: launchpad help!!!!!

its a app i installed. the actual name of it was panoramic launchpad. had grids and at bottom say "favvorites,programs,settings and exit" with a slider at top programs and games.

horndoctor 05-17-2010 09:16 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by slackernick
its a app i installed. the actual name of it was panoramic launchpad. had grids and at bottom say "favvorites,programs,settings and exit" with a slider at top programs and games.

Have you tried going from the start menu to settings/system/remove programs and uninstalling it? Then soft reset and then re-install it?
Put the cab in my documents or somewhere other than Internal Storage and run the cab and install it to device memory.
If you have trouble uninstalling, then you may need to use an app like memmaid or sktools that has an uninstaller to remove it before you reinstall.
If you are having other problems with your device you may need to do a backup and hard reset/clear storage.

slackernick 05-17-2010 09:19 PM

i cant get into setting thats the only tab it wont bring up. but i went into rosco and deleted it BUT its still there after a soft reset and a hard!

rhacy 05-17-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slackernick (Post 1758595)
i cant get into setting thats the only tab it wont bring up. but i went into rosco and deleted it BUT its still there after a soft reset and a hard!

If panoramic launchpad really survived a hard reset, there may be some malware or some type of corruption locking it the system. Regardless, can you save your contacts and any other needed files, then flash to the stock sprint rom, and hard reset post flash? If so, that should hopefully force an complete overwrite and get rid of it for good.

Best of luck,
R

horndoctor 05-17-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

I think you may be confused about what a hard reset is.
Also, when I said go to settings I mean from the honeycomb start menu of WinMo 6.5 or the Start Menu list that drops down when you click on Start in WinMo 6.1.
I'm not talking about going to settings within the launcher app I'm talking about WinMo 6.5/6.1 settings. The Operating System Settings.

Now, to do a hard reset just go from the start menu to settings/system and click on Clear Storage. Then follow the steps there to clear storage/hard reset. That will reset everything though back to the state your device was after flashing MightyRom.
Like the previous poster said you could flash the shipped 6.1 rom to overwrite everything then flash back to MightyRom if you want. Your call. ;)

slackernick 05-18-2010 12:15 AM

yes, but the "windows start button" as always brought up the launchpad. :(

horndoctor 05-18-2010 12:30 AM

Quote:

yes, but the "windows start button" as always brought up the launchpad. :(

You can't exit the app?!?

slackernick 05-18-2010 12:41 AM

yes i can go back to my today screen. but like i said the "start button" takes me to the launchpad.always as.this sucks dude. i dont have outlook so im going to loose everything :(