PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 02:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

internexus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can anyone help me out with this predicament?

The bottom 3/4" of my phone (standing up) took some water the other day, I removed the back cover and 4 screws and try to pry up the back however, it was stuck somewhere along the usb charger portion so I couldn't completely remove it. I blew it out with compressed air and then proceeded to let it sit in a bag of rice on the window sill for a day. What I have now is everything boots up/loads fine except Internal Storage. It's completely missing which in turn makes it so a lot of my additional programs and what not don't function, anyone have any recommendations? Could me of prying on it somehow disconnected it, I have no clue if it's some kind of plug and play type of drive similar to an SD card or what (this is a Sprint model) Thanks for any help!
Old 05-04-2010, 02:17 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Can anyone help me out with this predicament?

Quote:
Originally Posted by internexus View Post
The bottom 3/4" of my phone (standing up) took some water the other day, I removed the back cover and 4 screws and try to pry up the back however, it was stuck somewhere along the usb charger portion so I couldn't completely remove it. I blew it out with compressed air and then proceeded to let it sit in a bag of rice on the window sill for a day. What I have now is everything boots up/loads fine except Internal Storage. It's completely missing which in turn makes it so a lot of my additional programs and what not don't function, anyone have any recommendations? Could me of prying on it somehow disconnected it, I have no clue if it's some kind of plug and play type of drive similar to an SD card or what (this is a Sprint model) Thanks for any help!
may help ya.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=55794
Old 05-04-2010, 02:51 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

internexus is a n00b

Too bad they don't show a breakdown of disassembling that.. Thanks though!
Old 05-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

You can try this hotfix, maybe it is as simple as this. Can't hurt to try.

http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-...int/downloads/

It's the last DL I believe.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:14 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

internexus is a n00b

Thanks for the link but sadly that didn't take care of it either If I felt that resetting the phone back to default settings then reloading the Fearless ROM would help i'd try that out next...
Old 05-05-2010, 12:33 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

internexus is a n00b

Looks like a failed cause, guess I will try to find a used phone cheap. I like the new avatar pic Carla 0_0!
Old 05-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by internexus
Looks like a failed cause, guess I will try to find a used phone cheap. I like the new avatar pic Carla 0_0!
You never know but after you let it sit and dry out for a few days it may work again. Let it sit and dry out and don't keep turning it on. I have heard of others having success with water damage by letting it sit for a while.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:23 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

internexus is a n00b

I've heard that a few times as well, I was able to actually get it completely apart and hit it with the air compressor for several minutes to try and dry out everything on the lower end and had no luck on this, I need the phone to be on and functioning due to many reasons so I can't keep it off. Can't win them all I guess!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by internexus
I've heard that a few times as well, I was able to actually get it completely apart and hit it with the air compressor for several minutes to try and dry out everything on the lower end and had no luck on this, I need the phone to be on and functioning due to many reasons so I can't keep it off. Can't win them all I guess!
You could try carefully heating it up by blowing hot air on it with a hair dryer.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

when mine got wet it needed a hard reset before it was normal again. Have you tried that.

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond