PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible, HTC Diamond (Alltel)
Carrier: Verizon

jakewill is keeping up the good workjakewill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So long - I'm now on the Incredible

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to express a sincere thanks to everyone here in the ppcgeeks community, especially the Diamond community. I owned my Alltel HTC Touch Diamond for almost one year, and have had a wonderful time hacking WinMo, dabbling in kitchens, and running almost-perfect copies of AndroidOS.

FYI, there may be some legitimate upgrade options for you former-Alltel Diamond users, so check my post out in the Android General Discussion thread.

Again, thanks everyone, I was mostly a lurker, but with the talent, excitement, and helpfulness provided on this board, I was able to maintain a great, educational hobby in WinMo hacking.

jakewill
Old 04-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

higher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: So long - I'm now on the Incredible

Thanks for all your help on the diamond phone Jakewill.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:37 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Congrats on the new device!
But you sound like your saying goodbye, no need to leave since we gotta great Android forum thats getting bigger every day!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 04-29-2010, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible, HTC Diamond (Alltel)
Threadstarter

jakewill is keeping up the good workjakewill is keeping up the good work

True, bud, true... I guess I was just venting my sorrow to leave such an amazing group of people who are so dedicated to voiding the Diamond warranty. ilyguys

And yes, I will now be checking the Android/Incredible forums every day.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Enjoy your new device!
Old 04-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakewill View Post
True, bud, true... I guess I was just venting my sorrow to leave such an amazing group of people who are so dedicated to voiding the Diamond warranty. =D> ilyguys

And yes, I will now be checking the Android/Incredible forums every day.
yeah man, that cdma android section is blowing up, seems like a lot of people are getting the Incredible. Stick around and hit up the android forums.

When I sold my Diamond I felt the same way, I wasn't checking OMJ's threads on a daily basis for kitchen and ROM upgrades and such.

Now you can focus on voiding your Incredible warranty
Old 04-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; ADR6300 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

The stock Rom is by far better then any thing I have seen on a phone

Old 05-02-2010, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel

Nathan_Barstow14 is a n00b

I too have made the swap to the Incredible! I was the first one at my local store on Thursday. I can't wait to root this thing and be able to tether for free such as with all of the WinMo ROMS

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond