PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

patheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to patheticpuma
htc screwed my friend

well my friends diamond got the digitizer seperation oil slick deal. and like i told him it caused the touch screen to stop working. verizon wouldnt help him with a warranty exchange because he is an alltel legacy customer. So he called HTC and they told him to hard reset so now his phone is stuck at the "tap to set up device" screen. He just wants to sell it for parts but first wants to format his internal storage but now comps wont recognize device. Is there a way to format internal storage with buttons only???

Thanks in Advance
Troy
Old 04-24-2010, 10:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: htc screwed my friend

if he has hard reset it is cleared out and he can just pop out the storage card and be good to go
Old 04-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

enter bootloader (tricolor screen) and connect to pc/active sync. wait for a bit, on diamond screen it should say usb on the bottom. flash the shipped rom found in the diamond upgrade forum (sticky thread at the top). this should get you back. hope this works.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:55 AM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Buy a new digitizer... they are all over... not too expensive....
Old 04-25-2010, 03:02 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patheticpuma
well my friends diamond got the digitizer seperation oil slick deal. and like i told him it caused the touch screen to stop working. verizon wouldnt help him with a warranty exchange because he is an alltel legacy customer. So he called HTC and they told him to hard reset so now his phone is stuck at the "tap to set up device" screen. He just wants to sell it for parts but first wants to format his internal storage but now comps wont recognize device. Is there a way to format internal storage with buttons only???

Thanks in Advance
Troy
Wow...I don't think you can format internal storage without getting the touch screen to work.
I would go ahead and get a new digitizer or else take one from another used diamond and hook it up so at least you can get it to boot up so you can format internal storage or sync then sell it for parts. If your friend plans on trying to keep it then buy a digitizer with lcd so installation is much easier. I wish you luck!
Old 04-25-2010, 04:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

Nrre is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Nrre

goto wal-mart, and run your phone next to the demagnetizer at the cashier registers.

that should clear the internal storage.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

patheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to patheticpuma

Well Ill tell him the suggestion for the digitizer swap, but everything we have looked up makes the diamond seem ridiculously difficult to dismantle/reassemble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrre View Post
goto wal-mart, and run your phone next to the demagnetizer at the cashier registers.

that should clear the internal storage.
thats funny, I work as an indirect agent for verizon/at&t through walmart.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Connect via usb at the screen calibration screen (the screen it is stuck on). It will connect fine and you can browse contents of phone just fine via activesync/WMDC. I've done this many times to just find out how much space is left on my main memory after flashing a ROM but before running customizations/sashimi. If you want to get further, try using a program like http://mymobiler.com/ . It will allow you to calibrate the screen using your PC and mouse to emulate screen presses.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

haragan is a n00b

My screen went dead just recently as well and did a hard reset just like you using mymobiler by mistake. Anyway I too got stuch at the calibration screen but found out that connecting you phone via activesync still works to access your files. However, mymobiler did not allow me to calibrate the screen.

Anybody know where to get a digitizer? It may be worth looking into replacing it. BTW - I leartned that if I peeled back and plastic cover and put it back semi-firmly, the screen would work again for a while until it completely died. This however took months.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond