PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 11:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Bell

greeced is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond dropped in water :(

P.S. it was only 3 days for me, and everything worked again, including the screen. Keep in mind though I helped it along by taking the whole thing apart and eliminated as much water as I could see via paper towel and some hot air.

If you didn't open it at all and are waiting for it to air dry, it will take longer, but your almost there, no sense in opening it now if you haven't already.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

ZALI- is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeced View Post
If the screen is not working due to water damage, thats not a malfunction, but because moisture is causing it.

Trust me, the screen will pop back on. Interesting that you said MyMobile. The exact program I used to see my phone too. but as I plugged it in one time to activesync everything out, the screen popped back to life.

You're almost there, it will eventually come back on.

From what I gather, your warranty is void now due to those water damage stickers.. but it doesn't hurt to try.

EDIT: In regards to warranty, I'll tell you how bad Bell is. I had an old Samsung U740. Never dropped in water once. I've always had issues with it, and expressed that to bell. They told me to bring it in and they told me there was water damage because the sticker changed colour. Low and behold they said the warranty was void.

How did the sticker change colour you ask? LOL too funny, because I answered it one time when it was raining and the moisture in the air got inside the phone, no actual drops of water.
Thanks for your reply. I got a couple of questions for you. How long did it take you to get your Diamond fully working?

And where exactly is the water sticker? Is it at the bottom of the compartment where the outlet and battery meet (Those three gold coloured metal things)?

Want to hear my issues with Bell? I had an old Palm Treo 700wx. On the bill it said $750 for internet usage! I didn't even turn the internet on once. When we told them, over the phone, they said take it instore. Then at the store they said they can't do anything. They said talk to customer service, and say this, and told us something, I can't remember anything from what they had said.

They gave back a 100 something dollars.

I also had another trouble with the phone. Very low reception. I could not get any incoming calls. Also when the reception was ok at places, the sound of the person was very unclear, and weird-sounding, I could not make what the person was saying. I had it for a year, before when I had it, it was fine, it just happend suddenly. After a loooong talk in-store, they gave me this Diamond, and the charged for it too.

What kind of HSPA phone are you getting?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:59 AM
N00b

greeced is a n00b

My Diamond was 100% fully working after the third day. Moments after I plugged it in to the USB port and fired up MyMobile to take things off it. However keep in mind again, that I took it apart on day 1 moments after being submerged.

Just prior to that, The screen would only fire up with vertical lines on it, and the screen in areas appeared the same as pressing two pieces of flat glass together with a bit of liquid in between. Similar to those glass plates you would put under a microscope in science class.. You remember science class right? lol.

But once the screen reappeared fully, that "watermark" disappeared. Strange occurance indeed.

Here's a thing to try, through MyMobile, make sure "Fast charging" is enabled if you have that option in your phone, then plug your USB in. Diamonds noticeably heat up when charging this way, and it may help along the process. Judging from what you told me (it working all but the screen), this might help clear up any water on contacts within the screen and you, like me might see it reappear.

Bell is terrible, but I haven't ruled out going with them again in October until I do research on all cell companies to see what their customer service is like... No sense in leaving one company only to experience the same problems with the others. One thing I won't do is go with Wind Mobile. Even though its enticing, their Home Areas are way too small to make it worth while, so I will be sticking with one of the Big 3.

As for what type of HSPA (3G+), I'm not sure yet. I might go with one of their contract offer phones, or might by a Nexus One outright, or even purchase a European phone provided it works here. My contract doesn't end til October so I have plenty of time to think about it.

Either way, I'm hoping it will be an Android phone, as it looks like Google is going full speed ahead with its development and it looks like its ticking everyone off. I'm liking their push the envelope ways, and that means great things for whomever owns one.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

ZALI- is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeced View Post
My Diamond was 100% fully working after the third day. Moments after I plugged it in to the USB port and fired up MyMobile to take things off it. However keep in mind again, that I took it apart on day 1 moments after being submerged.

Just prior to that, The screen would only fire up with vertical lines on it, and the screen in areas appeared the same as pressing two pieces of flat glass together with a bit of liquid in between. Similar to those glass plates you would put under a microscope in science class.. You remember science class right? lol.

But once the screen reappeared fully, that "watermark" disappeared. Strange occurance indeed.

Here's a thing to try, through MyMobile, make sure "Fast charging" is enabled if you have that option in your phone, then plug your USB in. Diamonds noticeably heat up when charging this way, and it may help along the process. Judging from what you told me (it working all but the screen), this might help clear up any water on contacts within the screen and you, like me might see it reappear.

Bell is terrible, but I haven't ruled out going with them again in October until I do research on all cell companies to see what their customer service is like... No sense in leaving one company only to experience the same problems with the others. One thing I won't do is go with Wind Mobile. Even though its enticing, their Home Areas are way too small to make it worth while, so I will be sticking with one of the Big 3.

As for what type of HSPA (3G+), I'm not sure yet. I might go with one of their contract offer phones, or might by a Nexus One outright, or even purchase a European phone provided it works here. My contract doesn't end til October so I have plenty of time to think about it.

Either way, I'm hoping it will be an Android phone, as it looks like Google is going full speed ahead with its development and it looks like its ticking everyone off. I'm liking their push the envelope ways, and that means great things for whomever owns one.
Thanks for your reply, I will reply more in detail later, as I am in a rush right now. As far as science class, I am not in high-school yet, never worked with microscopes before.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:11 AM
N00b

greeced is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZALI- View Post
Thanks for your reply, I will reply more in detail later, as I am in a rush right now. As far as science class, I am not in high-school yet, never worked with microscopes before.
Yikes. Guess I'm ancient. lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond