PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Help with verizon diamond upgrade (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119025)

bobv 04-23-2010 11:00 PM

Help with verizon diamond upgrade

I just got a assurion replacement Verizon diamond for my old htc touch. The diamond is so slow and a pain in the a$$. I need to put a new rom on this thing before I end up throwing this one too. Everywhere I see any info about unlocking or flashing, it seems that it says there is no unlocker for this device. Could someone tell me for sure if this is true. And also recommend a rom and tell me the steps needed to change to a new rom. Thanks in advance.

wmdunn 04-23-2010 11:25 PM

Re: Help with verizon diamond upgrade

Sorry ... there is no unlocker for the Verizon Diamond. Been asked and answered many times.

bobv 04-24-2010 03:11 PM

Well this sucks. Thank you for the quick response. Greatly appreciated. I guess this is a pretty useless phone then

Brooklyncat 04-24-2010 03:23 PM

It's has no SD card slot, you took that. Why you just didn't go to a different store? Don't let them play you
like that!

bobv 04-26-2010 11:03 PM

It has a sd slot, but i can't go to another store because asurion sent it to me as a replacement for a htc touch that broke.

Brooklyncat 04-26-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobv (Post 1721258)
It has a sd slot, but i can't go to another store because asurion sent it to me as a replacement for a htc touch that broke.

Call them & act like a unhappy customer. It's not easy with verizon people. Unless you are going to take it like that. I helped someone like that before verizon don't move easy with their small call centers.

horndoctor 04-27-2010 02:39 AM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobv

If your diamond has an sd slot then you must have a prototype that nobody has seen before! lol
Look again. ;)

Locky 04-27-2010 12:16 PM

He's got a DIAM400 Model, like me. It's got a micro SD slot but we don't have the 4gbs of internal memory.

horndoctor 04-27-2010 01:38 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locky
He's got a DIAM400 Model, like me. It's got a micro SD slot but we don't have the 4gbs of internal memory.

Well I'll be danged!
I stand corrected!
Interesting...

bobv 04-27-2010 06:02 PM

I can't get the gps working. I can't unlock it. I can't flash it. I can't upgrade anything. I think it's time to test it's durability. What's the point of this phone.

Locky, can you do anything to your phone?