PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 01:32 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobv
I can't get the gps working. I can't unlock it. I can't flash it. I can't upgrade anything. I think it's time to test it's durability. What's the point of this phone.

Locky, can you do anything to your phone?
You could do a clear storage and soft reset before customizations run. That would probably give you the maximum amount of storage memory for starters. Then you could use an app like resco explorer or total commander to replace the exe files of processes that are started at boot that you don't need or want with 0kb txt files so those processes don't start and run at boot and thus would save ram.
You probably should use cleanram to free up memory when things bog down. You can install different UIs like spb mobile shell or point ui.
As far as gps you'll probably have to use verizon's navigator to get it to work.

Hopefully, I have given you some ideas about what you can do to it.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

strikeback03 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Help with verizon diamond upgrade

GPS in Google Maps can be made to run in at least some versions as I have done it (twice, once when newer, once after a hard reset). But if the instructions from |||bored||| don't work for you I don't know what to recommend, as I didn't have problems with that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond touch
Threadstarter

bobv is a n00b

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info. I tried "llbored" stuff with no luck. I'll have to try some of that other stuff to see if that helps. I have to use use clean ram 5 times a day at least. I guess i'm probably going to have to get a new phone. What's the best out there right now. An iphone, a droid or something else? any thoughts?
Old 04-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Bobv, check out the Verizon HTC Incredible if you get a chance. The combination of the larger OLED screen, 1GHz Processor, 512MB of RAM, Android Sense, and the Optical Mouse appears to be the best combination available via Verizon at this time.

If you want to stay with Windows Mobile, the Verizon HTC Imagio looks good and can be unlocked and flashed with custom ROMs. It's a step up from the Diamond, but it's does not come close to the power of the Incredible.

Hope this helps...
Best of luck,
R
Old 04-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (DIAM400)

Locky is a n00b

I got the Touch Diamond as a replacement for my stolen Droid Eris. I had hoped to be able to install Android on there but I haven't been able to unlock it to get there. If this keeps up, I may just try to return in and get something else.

I'm only a few months into my contract though so my only option is to buy Full Price. I'd love the Droid Incredible but I don't know if I can spit out 600 dollars at this time.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:16 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

You could try to find a Verizon Vogue and run Android on it.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bobv is a n00b

Thanks for the info on new phones. I had an alltel touch which, I believe, is the equivalent to the verizon vogue. But this is what they replaced with a diamond. What makes it unlockable? Is this a verizon security feature and do all there phones have this problem? I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars to find out I can't do anything with it.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:05 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobv
Thanks for the info on new phones. I had an alltel touch which, I believe, is the equivalent to the verizon vogue. But this is what they replaced with a diamond. What makes it unlockable? Is this a verizon security feature and do all there phones have this problem? I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars to find out I can't do anything with it.
Yeah, the "Touch" name was just coined by the carriers but htc's model name for it was the Vogue so you had an Alltel Vogue.
In order to flash a custom rom on a device basically an open ended "hard spl" must be made so other roms can be flashed to the phones memory. When you unlock you are replacing the shipped spl with a "hard spl" so you can flash roms other than your carrier's stock shipped rom.
Nobody has made a hard spl for the Verizon Diamond so it can't be unlocked.
The Vogue however can be unlocked for 6.x.x roms and Android will also work great on it.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kissmysta is a n00b

i have the verizon diamond too. it's pointless doing anything to it. once u start messing around, it becomes harder to fix it.

im getting ready to lose mine into the ocean and call asurion. HOPEFULLY they'll give me the touch pro instead of another diamond.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bobv is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmysta View Post
i have the verizon diamond too. it's pointless doing anything to it. once u start messing around, it becomes harder to fix it.

im getting ready to lose mine into the ocean and call asurion. HOPEFULLY they'll give me the touch pro instead of another diamond.
When I talked to asurion about my phone 2 weeks ago, they said they had plenty of diamonds in stock. You might want to try and probe them to see if this is true. It would suck to have to pay $95 to replace the piece of junk with the same piece of junk when there was nothing wrong with the first one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond