PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Smile LACK OF CURRENCY Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Yep!
I think you said it better than I did. lol
LOL! Good one. Certainly would if I had a money tree growing in the backyard of my house.

- 2 Bunny

PS: How do you get it to say that little "mobile posted" text at the top of your posts? It never does that when I post from my diamond.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:18 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny
Quote:

Yep!
I think you said it better than I did. lol
LOL! Good one. Certainly would if I had a money tree growing in the backyard of my house.

- 2 Bunny

PS: How do you get it to say that little "mobile posted" text at the top of your posts? It never does that when I post from my diamond.
I'm posting from the mobile version of ppcgeeks:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/wiforums/login.php
Old 05-23-2010, 05:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond(DIAM500)Telus CDMA
Carrier: IDC

kainppc6700 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Up Arrow Alternatives...

Quote:
If you are pressing the top of your circular d-pad and it is not responding as an up arrow then your phone is defective and you should get a new one.
I have same problems, but! it's depend on ROM, i have lag and bug with UP in some roms but for e.g. in the rom WM6.5 Ultralite - CE OS 5.2.23001 (Build 23001.5.0.60) - v.710 i have no issue or such problem with hard button UP and OK. but now I'm now running the MikRom from Amikam. and ihave problem with UP button. Try another ROM. mb it's help to you))
Old 05-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Smile Re: Up Arrow Alternatives...

Quote:

(I'm setting up my device right now so I don't have internet)
What does the mobile site look like? The classic one works fine for me in Opera Mobile Version 10.

- 2 Bunny
Old 05-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Quote:

(I'm setting up my device right now so I don't have internet)
What does the mobile site look like? The classic one works fine for me in Opera Mobile Version 10.

- 2 Bunny
It's pretty simple with less pictures and options but it gives you the features you need so it's very fast if you are on your device. Click on that link.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Wink Re: Up Arrow Alternatives...

Quote:

It's pretty simple with less pictures and options but it gives you the features you need so it's very fast if you are on your device. Click on that link.
Looks pretty nifty. Does it save the unread posts like the standard version does? (for example, if you logged on and there were three unread posts you had to reply to, but you had to sign off after reading and replying to one, does it keep the unread ones marked as unread?)

While we're on these similar topics, does making the pagepool smaller give you more memory for programs, or less?

Thanks.
y
- 2 Bunn
Old 05-23-2010, 05:12 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: Up Arrow Alternatives...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Looks pretty nifty. Does it save the unread posts like the standard version does? (for example, if you logged on and there were three unread posts you had to reply to, but you had to sign off after reading and replying to one, does it keep the unread ones marked as unread?)

While we're on these similar topics, does making the pagepool smaller give you more memory for programs, or less?

Thanks.
y
- 2 Bunn
you can try the mobi version on your pc to see.. just change your pref @ the very bottom left of any page.

I would suggest not worrying about the pagepool. on diamond and newer devices it is a dynamic allocation so it will auto adjust based on your needs.
it actually reserves the set amount to keep certain system files in ram. but too if it's too big than it's a waste of ram and battery power.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Wink SARCASTIC LOL Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
you can try the mobi version on your pc to see.. just change your pref @ the very bottom left of any page.

I would suggest not worrying about the pagepool. on diamond and newer devices it is a dynamic allocation so it will auto adjust based on your needs.
it actually reserves the set amount to keep certain system files in ram. but too if it's too big than it's a waste of ram and battery power.
What if it is too small and becomes a waste of time clicking okay for the "low memory" warning dialog boxes?

- 2 Bunny
Old 05-24-2010, 01:10 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.
y
- 2 Bunn
Yes, the mobile site will show you which posts you have not read just like the regular site. Unread posts will be in bold.

I think you are confusing ram with storage memory. When you alter the pagepool basically you are changing how your device uses ram. Increasing the pagepool results in less available ram that is not cached.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:01 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Smile CORRECTION Reply

Quote:

Yes, the mobile site will show you which posts you have not read just like the regular site. Unread posts will be in bold.

I think you are confusing ram with storage memory. When you alter the pagepool basically you are changing how your device uses ram. Increasing the pagepool results in less available ram that is not cached.
Cool. I'll have to try it sometime.

So the pagepool thing wouldn't help then, hmmm...
Guess its time to do some work with the rom.

Thanks though.

- 2 Bunn

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond