PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Diamond won't get past boot screen, can I somehow reset it without losing data? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118317)

mailboxcow 04-17-2010 03:18 AM

Diamond won't get past boot screen, can I somehow reset it without losing data?

Basically I was going to take a picture with the phone, and suddenly it restarted itself. Now it won't get past the boot screen and keeps loading over and over and over, annoyingly vibrating each time. I saw a couple of threads about the 4 button combination you can do.

I'm basically a noob when it comes to this, and I've never flashed ROMs or anything like that, so I'm not too familiar with the terminology or what will happen. I'd like to fix this without losing my pictures, contacts, etc, is that possible to do?

Thanks so much!

mailboxcow 04-17-2010 11:16 AM

Re: Diamond won't get past boot screen, can I somehow reset it without losing data?

If anyone knows please respond, I got a bunch of views on this but no reply. I really need my phone for later today and will have to bring it to the Sprint store if I don't get a solution here. Thanks!

horndoctor 04-17-2010 11:31 AM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Try taking the battery door off and removing the battery to turn it off. Then re-insert the battery.

Then push and hold down the volume down button and while holding it down press and release the power button to pull up the tri-color bootloader screen. Then after bootloader comes up, try soft resetting again and see if it boots so you can retrieve your data.

You could try syncing your device with your pc and see if it responds or if it stops the reset loop.

Mr. Obvious mentioned an app called EveryWAN that allows control of your device thru activesync if your device responds while synced.

Ultimately, it sounds like you are gonna have to hard reset to correct your problems.

Good Luck! ;)

wmdunn 04-17-2010 11:36 AM

Re: Diamond won't get past boot screen, can I somehow reset it without losing data?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mailboxcow (Post 1704102)
If anyone knows please respond, I got a bunch of views on this but no reply. I really need my phone for later today and will have to bring it to the Sprint store if I don't get a solution here. Thanks!

The reason people are not responding is that there are some fixes to try, but you will lose the data on your phone. You really need to backup your stuff before a problem flares up. With that said, here's what I would try.

First of all try a hard reset ... remove the battery for a minute or two, then VolumeDown + OK + PowerButton. Failing that, then I would flash back to the Sprint "shipped" rom. Again, remove and replace battery, then Volume down + PowerButton. That will put you into bootloader (tri-color screen), connect to your computer via USB, flash Sprint rom ... located here ...

ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Stock%20R...nt_Shipped.rar

Edit: sorry HD, was putting the info together while you were posting. Good advice, man.