PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G / HTC Incredible
Carrier: Boost Mobile / Page Plus

M3_Arsenal is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ROM that gives HTC Diamond running on Boost CDMA full functions????

Over the past few weeks I have been researching the net for the most stable ROM for HTC Diamond running on Boost Mobile. Unfortunately there is isn't much feedback on this specific topic. Everybody has a different taste when it comes to ROM's, but my question is not based on looks, design or personal taste, it is based on functionality.Which ROM gives the Sprint HTC Touch Diamond ,running on Boost Mobile, full functions? Calling, SMS, MMS, Email, Instant Messaging, WiFi, etc (IN & OUT).

I'm currently running Mighty ROM 6 on Sprint HTC Touch Diamond with wm 6.5. After many days of installing cabs, tweaking, and registry editing, everything is running except for MMS (sending out), I'm able to receive but not send (and yes I tried all the options out there mm.myboostmobile.com./ mm.boostmobile.com./ boostmms.nexteldata.net:8088/mms.) Also tried various Arcsoft versions. Currently I'm able to receive MMS using the mm.boostmobile.com, but that is all. My next step is to change ROM and therefore need to know what ROM's are working out there.

Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated, not only by me, but by many other Diamond owners. Many thanks to all in advance.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Boost Mobile

LaDouchka is a n00b
Re: ROM that gives HTC Diamond running on Boost CDMA full functions????

I got the same phone, with the same prob. I'm running fearless rom, can't send mms. And I have no Sprint Nav or TV either. I'm new at this as well.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Yeah, unfortunately the Sprint Nav is no longer available for free. Even if you download and install the app, it will ask you to login 2 your acct. To get an account to need to buy the service for $9.99 a month I believe and to be honest I'm not sure if it will function once you pay for the service. As far as Sprint TV goes, it only worked for some people with a different type of phone and it lasted about 24 hours before it was disabled by Sprint. After knowing which apps are not available for mostly everyone, I would be pleased and satisfied if I could just get the MMS to fully work. I just need to be able to send MMS and I will be a happy camper.

Everything else works like a charm. What I dig the most is my WMN WiFi Router.

Is everything else working for you LaDouchka?
Old 04-16-2010, 07:58 AM
Lurker

LaDouchka is a n00b

Well except for the fact that since I changed the rom my phone freezes at least once a day (I have to remove the battery and put it back in to get it going again), everything works ok. I particularly love the Swype keyboard that I installed in it. Sprint Nav is powered by Telenav. Do you think downloading the app from telenav will make any difference? I loved that Navigation system... And also, now my screen doesn't automatically switch to landscape or portrait when i turn it. It's like the accelerometer is non-existent. I have S2U2 installed as well. It's working well.
Tell me what in particular you like about the rom that you're using, compared to others if possible.
I'm quite happy that I found people that use Sprint phones (HTC Diamond no less) on Boost Mobile, that are changing their rom as well.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:23 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

I haven't tried that many ROM's but since I installed Mighty ROM 6 I did not wish to keep testing. I seriously thought that this ROM would give me full phone functions but it wasn't so. This is why I have started searching for a ROM that will. Don't get me wrong, I really like this ROM. I pretty much have everything working (except sending MMS) and its a pretty stable ROM. WiFi Router kick a.s.s, applications performance is sweet, web works fine and the phone performance is awesome. My phone doesn't suffer from cold temperature (freezing) fortunately. But since it is part of our human nature to never be satisfied, I will find a ROM that offers everything without "buts" (if such ROM exists). As far as Sprint Nav goes, I would give it a shot and try it out. You can download the latest version from the Telenav site. Its going to require to sign up and pay a monthly fee though . For auto screen rotation I use "Flip_It by Wildberry". It works through GSenser. The only complaint about this app is that sometimes its too sensitive. I also have S2U2 installed and have no complaints. It works just fine.
One last thing, I been reading about MikROM and the reviews from people who have tried it are tempting me to tested out. Have you heard anything about this ROM? I haven't decided yet though because there weren't many Diamond owners in the reviews I read.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Lurker

LaDouchka is a n00b

Well i installed the Flip cab. It's working great.
I also have Pandora, FB and Bing installed. All is well. I LOOOOVE pandora. I'm still not able to send mms though. I'm thinking of trying Qik.com to see if that will make a difference when it comes to sending pics and videos. We'll see.
No I haven't heard about MikRom. I'll check it out.
When I look at all the ROMs, one of the most predominant one next to MightyRom, is EnergyRom. But I heard the guy who made it (Energy) isn't working for windows phones anymore. He's moved to Android platform. uugh. But I liked the way his rom looked.
I basically chose Fearless because it allows you to switch from Windows to Android (and vice versa) without further tweaking.
Unless you get in the "kitchen" and cook your own rom, I don't think you'll find one that will satisfy you completely. Something's gotta give... always.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:17 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

EUREKA!!!!!! Great news LaDouchka. After spending several days switchings ROMS (like Tiger Woods switches girls) I have finally found the solution to the MMS problem. Although I have only tested the fix on OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 ROM so far, I can only assume that it will work an all 6.5 ROMs. Getting down to the fix...

The trick is to install the mms fix for the HTC Touch Pro. The instructions can be found in Hofo post #2 : http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1639026 I found this thread by luck. After reading and installing the cabs I wasn't too sure that it would work, but, fortunately it did!

"To get MMS to work where the pictures show in your conversations with the person (to send AND receive), follow these steps. I attached the files you need. I did it this way because I don't remember the post where I found it.

Directions for MMS on Boost:

1) Install both files to root directory of phone.

2) Run "Remove Sprint" cab. It will install, and thats it.

3) Restart phone.

4) Run Arcsoft cab.

5) Restart phone again.

6) Go to text messages. Go to "All Messages." Go to "Menu."

7) As you scroll through the menu, scroll to the bottom and it choose pics/video options.

When you go into options, the first page should have your setting preferences. The only thing you can change here is the photo resolution. You can maximize it if you like.

9) Now go to servers. It should say sprintmmsc as the server. Double click the sprintmmsc.

10) Leave server name alone. Don't touch gateway, port number, ONLY CHANGE server address. The server address is supposed to be
mm.myboostmobile.com

PUT IT IN EXACTLY AS YOU SEE IT.

11) Now press done.

12) Restart phone again.

Now MMS messages should show up as a little icon with a Play button in your text conversation. Just click it, and it will show the pic/video and any text they included. They will also send just fine
."

It is quite simple to perform and the end result is just brilliant. All credit goes to jokester7 in Hofo.

Here the cabs to fix the MMS.

Remove PictureMail & Arcsoft
http://www.howardforums.com/attachme...chmentid=66553

Sprint Arcsoft 5.0.82.79
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1237568867

Let me know if you try the fix LaDouchka.

Cheers.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: boost

georgepa is becoming a great contributor

The OMJ ROM is the best for the Diamond on Boost, BUT there are some ROMs out there that used OMJs kitchen as the base, so you get all the OMJ goodness, but leaner and with some improvements. My favorite is the PMD ROM with lots of functionality, but still a lot of memory left over.

Sprint Navigation works fine for Boost users. Yes, it asks you to "pay," but just go ahead and click on it and it works, but you will never be charged. Sometimes you have to do the 24hr. one, sometimes it works with the monthly. Bottom line is that it always works and you never get charged. Boost is prepay, so they can't charge you for something like that anyway. Most of us have used Sprint Navi with Boost for going on 12 to 15 months now without charge.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Lurker

LaDouchka is a n00b

I have not being here in a long while. moved to different state, job hunt, etc. I still have my HTC Victor. but now, sense UI is not working, dunno wassup with that. i'm willing to install one last rom before changing my phone in about 3 months. I still have boost and love it.
Any advice?
Old 02-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDouchka View Post
I have not being here in a long while. moved to different state, job hunt, etc. I still have my HTC Victor. but now, sense UI is not working, dunno wassup with that. i'm willing to install one last rom before changing my phone in about 3 months. I still have boost and love it.
Any advice?
how is Sense not working? details

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond