PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 12:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Bell

greeced is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rhodium Dialer - Calkulin's Kitchen

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has used Calkulin's Kitchen 4.1 or 4.2 to create a ROM, and if so I'd like to hear from the ones that used the Rhodium Dialer Canvas contained within it.

Just wondering if you guys have had success with it? Do you get a glitch when receiving an incoming call?

I've cooked a ROM with the Rhodium dialer and all seems to work great except when receiving an incoming call.

You see, every time I receive an incoming call, it seems as though either the skin is oversized or the bottom bar that contains the keyboard button flashes causing it to overlap the Mute Button. It flashes consistantly.

Also if I'm using Announcements on Voice Command with this dialer, each time the bottom bar flashes it cuts out the audio of the voice.

Anyone have this same problem? If so, how did you fix it?

Remember, I'm speaking of the Rhodium Dialer selection, not the Tachi Dialer.

Thanks.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: Rhodium Dialer - Calkulin's Kitchen

Nick ... the Rhodium dialer is native WVGA, so on occasion it will not re-size properly. It happens on VGA devices like our Diamond. Whenever it would do that, I would just press the left phone button on the bottom of the device. I have since stopped using it, and gone to the Tachi dialer, which is native VGA ... no further problems.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:22 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

greeced is a n00b

Thanks Bill,

The reason I ask is because the Rhodium Dialer, from what I can ascertain, has no problems with the end key, where the Tachi Dialer does.

Strange, but with the Tachi Dialer, I'll make an outgoing call to test, say *2355 (which is Bells test number), and sometimes the Tachi Dialer will not hang up. The three scenarios I've noticed with the tachi dialer (which Rhodium doesn't have) is:

1. When dialing a number, I have to press the soft Blue Talk key twice in order for the call to actually begin to connect.

2. On occasion, as mentioned above, it will not hangup.... No matter what I do.

3. On the other occasions that it will hangup, normal operation will just end the call and return to the dialpad for a few seconds before the homescreen shows. However with the Tachi Dialer at times, it will take you right to the home screen and show "No Service" for a few seconds before service shows up again. Its like it ends the call by disconnecting the entire service for a few seconds. With the Rhodium Dialer that doesn't happen. It just operates normally. (with the exception of my initial question in post #1.

Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone been able to correct these abnormal actions under it?

Thanks

Oh and Bill, thanks for your help.. sorry to hear about you losing some files.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Thanks Nick ... I realize this probably doesn't help, but I've not experienced any of those issues with Tachi. The main reason I used Rhodium for so long, was because I was a little lazy. Since I use the speaker phone quite often ... didn't like having to slide down to show the option. But I really got tired of the skin not re-sizing properly on Rhodium.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:32 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

greeced is a n00b

I wonder if anyone has figured out the resizing problem of the Rhodium dialer and corrected it.

The tachi dialer drives me nuts sometimes, especially when i dial the wrong number accidentally.

Oh well, if its not one thing, it will always be the other... don't think I'll ever get to the "perfect" rom stage.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeced View Post
I wonder if anyone has figured out the resizing problem of the Rhodium dialer and corrected it.

The tachi dialer drives me nuts sometimes, especially when i dial the wrong number accidentally.

Oh well, if its not one thing, it will always be the other... don't think I'll ever get to the "perfect" rom stage.
It's not a problem with the dialer. It's a problem of trying to use a wvga phone canvas on your vga phone. There's no way to properly port the in-call screen, so amarullz made a exe to move the screen up so the button are accessible. Having a separate program that does this is not the most efficient way to use the dialer. I would try to use one of the leo dialers (google 'pyrorob xda leo vga phone canvas'). I have a lot fewer problems with the exe program failing to shift the screen up with the leo phone canvases.

Of course, the best thing will be if a HTC Trophy ROM ever leaks. It should have sense 2.5 and is a vga device, so we can have all new vga packages for a change.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

greeced is a n00b

mwalt2,

With your suggestion I did try out Pyrorob's Dialer, and you are right, its by far the best dialer.

I only have 3 questions if you wouldn't mind helping me... please keep in mind I'm on Manila 2.1 and therefore I have to use the 3.0 dialer, not the 4.2 (Which is for Manila 2.5).

1. The only 3.0 Dialer I can find is the one that's skinned for Energy ROM (I believe). Although nice, I'd rather the look with the Blue/White skin. Any idea where I can find it?

2. I'd rather cook this dialer in the ROM itself, I found the EXT files for the EROM one listed above, but
a) I'd rather have the look with the Blue/White skin, any ideas how to do this?
b) Whenever I cook the EROM version in, it doesn't appear to cook in properly. It shows the stock Microsoft dialer, but skinned improperly. All I did was put the folder in to the same subfolder the Rhodium dialer is in, and edited the packages file in the parent directory to match the folder name of the new EXT. eg (Phone - New Phone Canvas). Am I doing something wrong here?

3. The 3.0 dialer, although perfect in every other way, somehow does not show the Bluetooth icon when enabled nor the headphone icon in the taskbar. Any idea how I can get it back? For your reference I use the TSOwen 3.1.5 icon back.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:53 PM
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
mwalt2,

With your suggestion I did try out Pyrorob's Dialer, and you are right, its by far the best dialer.

I only have 3 questions if you wouldn't mind helping me... please keep in mind I'm on Manila 2.1 and therefore I have to use the 3.0 dialer, not the 4.2 (Which is for Manila 2.5).

1. The only 3.0 Dialer I can find is the one that's skinned for Energy ROM (I believe). Although nice, I'd rather the look with the Blue/White skin. Any idea where I can find it?

2. I'd rather cook this dialer in the ROM itself, I found the EXT files for the EROM one listed above, but
a) I'd rather have the look with the Blue/White skin, any ideas how to do this?
b) Whenever I cook the EROM version in, it doesn't appear to cook in properly. It shows the stock Microsoft dialer, but skinned improperly. All I did was put the folder in to the same subfolder the Rhodium dialer is in, and edited the packages file in the parent directory to match the folder name of the new EXT. eg (Phone - New Phone Canvas). Am I doing something wrong here?

3. The 3.0 dialer, although perfect in every other way, somehow does not show the Bluetooth icon when enabled nor the headphone icon in the taskbar. Any idea how I can get it back? For your reference I use the TSOwen 3.1.5 icon back.
Are you sure you can't use the 4.2 phone canvas enhancement with manila 2.1? I'm pretty sure I used a leo dialer with sense 2.1 awhile ago and everything worked ok.

1) I don't know where any skins are. You should be able to find a stock (ie HTC green) dialer somewhere. If you want to try a 4.2 version, I ported a slightly newer one than pyrorob and have attached the EXT to this post.

2) When cooking, only select the leo EXT. Calkulin split some files up, so make sure you do not select the call history, dialer skin, etc. Again, if you like, try the EXT I attached.

3) You can use something called bluetooth notifier (or something similar, there is a thread somewhere in the Diamond section here detailing replacement things for 6.5.x like BT Icon, setvolume, etc.). If you want to use the stock BT icon, just include TaskBarIconMgr. I have also attached my EXT that came from the same dumped ROM as the leo dialer if you want to try that one. To use a custom BT icon with TaskBarIconMgr, you'll have to replace the image in the right dll (or maybe just edit the .bmp's in TaskBarIconMgr...not sure).

edit - here is a skin I am currently using that DINIK at XDA made. It doesn't change everything in the dialer, but does the buttons. You could edit these same files to any color you want, but if you want to change the highlight color of the selector, you need to edit a dll.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Phone.zip (2.42 MB, 21 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip DINIK - Anastasia - Dialer v1.6.zip (455.4 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by mwalt2; 04-12-2010 at 09:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:25 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

greeced is a n00b

Sorry, I may not have been clear... It 4.2 works quite well with it, however the All Contacts soft key on the left crashes, where in 3.0 it doesn't. Maybe that would be the solution to all my problems... do you know how to correct just that one aspect?
Old 04-12-2010, 11:03 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Sorry, I may not have been clear... It 4.2 works quite well with it, however the All Contacts soft key on the left crashes, where in 3.0 it doesn't. Maybe that would be the solution to all my problems... do you know how to correct just that one aspect?
Not sure, but maybe contactutilityengine or contactpicker (less likely IMO). I've attached the ones I use in my kitchen if you want to give them a shot.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Contacts.zip (480.9 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond