PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: droid incredible
Carrier: verizon

th3drow is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sprint diamond stylus magnet

ok so my stylus magnet fell out, somehow messing around with it i got it back in for a while, and then it fell out again. I cannot for the life of me get it back into any spot at all, i just get it in to where my stylus is wedged with it in there, if i can find out i could probably glue it on, does anybody know the spot that the stylus is supposed to go in at?

i don't have any sprint warranty or anything so the idea of returning it is a no i think. none of the topics here do i see anyone who has said how they've done it or anything :/

Last edited by th3drow; 04-06-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:04 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: sprint diamond stylus magnet

Sadly you would have to return it. That's about the only way. Are you sure you have warranty?
Old 04-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I had the same problem with my phone. I called sprint they put me on the phone with HTC due to the fact that HTC gives you a one year warranty, HTC wanted me to send them my phone and there would be a month long turn around. So I called Sprint back, ended up speaking with a manager I told them I cant be without my phone for a month so they put a note on my account that they would credit my account the cost to have the phone repaired at a Sprint store. I went to the sprint store and told them about the note on my account, they fixed my phone in about 5 mins free of charge. Anyway long and short of it call sprint untill you find someone helpful.

I basicaly followed this post here
Old 04-06-2009, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor

same thing happened to me. i was able to figure out where the magnet went in the phone and was able to get it back into place with an extended paper clip but it wouldn't stay in for very long.

however, i did not have the same luck as Konfuzion. i took it the the sprint store and they looked at it real quick and said they couldn't fix it and gave me a new phone. i have the insurance so no questions were asked.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: droid incredible
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

th3drow is a n00b

ooo those pictires are if the stylus itself i mean the metal part in the pbone itself sorry worded badly. if i can find a small enough screw driver im going to attemot taking the back cover off i think.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

jasonsf is keeping up the good workjasonsf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3drow View Post
ooo those pictires are if the stylus itself i mean the metal part in the pbone itself sorry worded badly. if i can find a small enough screw driver im going to attemot taking the back cover off i think.
Everyone else seemed to understand you just fine. Must have been me. Monday, pre-coffee.

No problem.

Jason
Old 04-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

Alright so I just got a replacement one last week, and today I had the same problem.

But of course, before reading I figured I could fix it! So this is a little info for anyone out of warranty or for whatever other reason:

Use a Torx 6 tool, and remove the four screws on each corner of the device. The bottom left one is covered by a tape so they can verify you tampered with the device, the bottom right one has a little plastic peice that covers it, but you can just pull that and move it away.

Once you get that part off, you need to pry the back away from it. Both sides have two peices that "clip" it in place, one near the middle and one near the top.

Now comes the tricky part. My first one had a little metal film thing, near where the device gets hot. It ripped in half. The second one had no problem, and it came off fine.

Once you pull that piece away, you can see where the magnet goes, and a little peice of tape that is supposed to hold it in place. Well obviously it doesn't work that well, so what I did was got some super glue and super glued it in.

Putting it back together is pretty much the same. Make sure you get the power button in, as it falls out. Where the stylus goes in, there is a black peice of metal, make sure you get that in right, (it'll be obvious if you don't).
Old 04-20-2009, 08:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I got a replacement Diamond when my magnet failed but your step by step fix should be of great help to others.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:22 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sprint Service Centers do Manufacturer warranties now. If the phone is under a year old, and its not Physically Damaged (stylus magnet happens alot, ive replaced a couple so far for customers.) or Liquid Damaged, they will order a replacement through the Advanced Exchange program, even if you dont have ESRP or TEP. It takes 2-3 business days to get the replacement.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 06-12-2009, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell

goldengraham is becoming a great contributor

This problem just happened to me and I have warrenty so I will go get an exchange, but I waas thinking (I'm with bell). Would it be worth it to wait until all the diamonds dissappear and use this excuse to get a better phone? or will they just send it away and have it fixeD?

just wondering
GG

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond