PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Question Seeking an Automatic Landscape ROM with Landscape TouchFlow 3D

I'm really genuinely surprised that nobody has ever really got an answer about this before, but I am looking for a ROM to replace MightyROM that has TouchFlow3D that works in Landscape. I really wanted to download this one: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=nTT+ROM
But it can't be downloaded anymore. Does anyone have a backup of that one, or perhaps an alternate one that can do a real landscape TouchFlow 3D with Windows Mobile 6.1 and not 6.5?

Thanks so much, dear members of the community. =D>

- 2 Bunny
Old 04-09-2010, 12:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Seeking an Automatic Landscape ROM with Landscape TouchFlow 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
I'm really genuinely surprised that nobody has ever really got an answer about this before, but I am looking for a ROM to replace MightyROM that has TouchFlow3D that works in Landscape. I really wanted to download this one: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=nTT+ROM
But it can't be downloaded anymore. Does anyone have a backup of that one, or perhaps an alternate one that can do a real landscape TouchFlow 3D with Windows Mobile 6.1 and not 6.5?

- 2 Bunny
There should be a 6.1 ROM with manila 2.1 supporting landscape in this thread.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Hello. My name is Success
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIP

Here is one of the best in my opinion. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62142

<---- Continuation Of The GTX Sense Theme---->
Old 04-09-2010, 02:54 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post

- 2 Bunny
I believe this older Calkulin ROM thread has a 6.1 rom with landscape:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44494

Or maybe this one:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=landscape

Last edited by horndoctor; 04-09-2010 at 03:16 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Smile Re: Seeking an Automatic Landscape ROM with Landscape TouchFlow 3D

Thanks guys. Those were some rapid replies. Do those all have a working TouchFlow 3D Landscape mode?

I will definitely have to look into some of those, especially liked the 2.7.1 version of the caukin one, and the author said it sounded pretty quick too.
Edit: Looks like the caukin one uses "myunspace" as well, so downloading it is also out of the question. Will try another one.

Ooh, just saw this. Not a ROM, but a TouchFlow 3D addon: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79346 If I wanted to use a non landscape ROM, and then got one of the auto screen rotate apps, could I use this and landscape would work?

Also, are there any Windows Mobile 6.5 versions that have the start button and "ok"/close buttons at the top instead of the bottom? Like the way 6.1 looked, a single slim bar at the top, and a small bar at the bottom with the keyboard and/or additional application option buttons.

In the meantime though, I'll try the version 4.2 Caukin 6.1 ROM.

- 2 Bunny

Last edited by 2 Bunny; 04-09-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Question NEW UPDATE Reply

Tried flashing some of those. First time from the internal storage, then from USB. Failed each and every time for all of them. Error 324 in the software when tried on usb, fails before 10% every time. Flash from internal memory fails about a fith of the way through.

Will try flashing at an alternate computer tomorrow (don't want a rerun of that omnia (see my introduction post)).

Unless of course the community has a suggestion (why no "wink" smiley?)

- 2 Bunny
Old 04-10-2010, 12:37 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Are you sure it was error 324? That's a strange code.
I suggest you uninstall and reinstall activesync or wmdc and make sure your sync connection is working and try again. One of those roms should work if you are unlocked properly.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exclamation Re: Seeking an Automatic Landscape ROM with Landscape TouchFlow 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Are you sure it was error 324? That's a strange code.
I suggest you uninstall and reinstall activesync or wmdc and make sure your sync connection is working and try again. One of those roms should work if you are unlocked properly.
Kinda hard to connect activesync when you don't havea a device with an os capable of connecting to activesyny. I'm sure it was 324. If you search, a few other people complained as well. I'm trying a different computer here in a couple of hours. It is unlocked fine. It starts flashing the ROM, and fails (I had a custom rom before too).

Uh oh! I'll keep you guys posted, don't worry.

THREAD UPDATE: Flashing the same ROMs from a different computer yields far superior results. Thank you!

- 2 Bunny

Last edited by 2 Bunny; 04-10-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:39 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Red face COOK Reply

Sorry to resurrect an old topic here, but I have a few more questions for the helpful, knowledgeable community. Over the last couple of weeks with that new ROM (and having actually purchased the machine), I have found a few kinks that could use "working out". The first being memory (the same issue I suffered with that good ol' hp ipaq 4150), and what I have done is install everything to the internal storage unit. Even quite a while later, my "storage memory" has dropped to around 5 MB which means it will not let me test the new camera apps I have downloaded (the camera did not work by default in this ROM), which for some reason require standard memory space be open. I ran both cleaning utilities that came with the PEGASUS ROM, and it frees up usually 4 - 5 MB ( I usually start at .5 or 1 MB Free). I like that the ROM came full of handy applications, but some of them I don't need, and for other various reasons, I was going to consider trying my hand at cooking ROMs. Is this something that may fly over my head or get? What kind of kitchen should I use? Are they very user friendly? Is it easy to add apps to if I were to post it in public on the board?

Again, sorry to resurrect a solved problem, but I didn't want to waste space and start a new thread. Thanks for all your help, kind people of the community, I appreciate your patience and aid. Maybe I will follow in those footsteps someday.

- 2 Bunny
Old 05-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

2 Bunny, check out this link below for tips on reclaiming your Diamond's main storage memory. ClearTemp is attached to one of my posts there, and it should help if you make sure to add specific folders for it to clean.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=low+memory

As far as cooking your own ROM, I'd recommend starting with OMJ's Kitchen, and make sure to study his tips and guidance on the first page. If you use one of his .erv files, you can add and remove specific programs and other items in order to customize the ROM to your preferences.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97388

Hope this helps...
R

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond