PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Boost Mobile

munkymack is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Auto BCC Registry Hack

Is anyone aware (or can anyone figure out how to bash together) a registry hack that would allow Auto BCC on emails? I've searched the forums and can't seem to find anything, just a bunch of other orphaned threads.

It's odd to me that this wouldn't be built-in in the first place. Would I be correct in assuming that is because Microsoft wants everyone to sync everything up with Outlook?
Old 04-09-2010, 01:16 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I don't know what you mean by auto bcc.
Please explain.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Boost Mobile
Threadstarter

munkymack is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Auto BCC Registry Hack

I use email on my phone as a stopgap...I manage most of my email from my desktop, and want to be able to have access to everything. So when I had a Blackberry, both my email accounts were set up to add an automatic BCC to the email account I was sending from to every message I sent. ex:

To: Horndoctor
BCC: Munkymack (automatically added as soon as I start composing an email to you)

That way, all the messages sent from my phone would show up in my desktop inbox, where filters would mark them as read and move them into my Sent Mail folder. It's a security thing basically: any email I send from my phone is still searchable on my desktop.

As it stands now, I can BCC myself if I want to, but I have to do it manually every time. I'd like to throw in a registry key (if possible) to automatically do it, so I don't have to.

Last edited by munkymack; 04-09-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkymack
I use email on my phone as a stopgap...I manage most of my email from my desktop, and want to be able to have access to everything. So when I had a Blackberry, both my email accounts were set up to add an automatic BCC to the email account I was sending from to every message I sent. ex:

To: Horndoctor
BCC: Munkymack (automatically added as soon as I start composing an email to you)

That way, all the messages sent from my phone would show up in my desktop inbox, where filters would mark them as read and move them into my Sent Mail folder. It's a security thing basically: any email I send from my phone is still searchable on my desktop.

As it stands now, I can BCC myself if I want to, but I have to do it manually every time. I'd like to throw in a registry key (if possible) to automatically do it, so I don't have to.
Ok, I understand now.
Thanks for the explanation.
I do know there is an option in messaging that will automatically save any email you send from your phone to your sent items folder but I don't know if that will suffice for what you want. You just have to enable it in messaging settings. I have my email accounts with yahoo and if I send an email from my phone it would save it in my yahoo sent items folder if I had it turned on but I have it disabled. I don't know of any registry setting that would change anything but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Tags
auto bcc, bcc, registry