PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

merve04 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
internal storage

I know its been disscussed, i read through 15 pages of this problem. I've looked up this issue on several sites, I'm having no luck. I've lost the internal storage on my device. I've tried every tip i found, I'm still not getting anything. I've tried several roms to see if using the format of the storage would have any better success, I've tried 3 different computers, 3 different usb cables. I've done the whole rename folder, unplug and replug the damn thing 30 times, the best I can get is a drive letter showing up in diskmanagement but with no media = no format option. If anyone knows anything that I might now, please let me know.
Thanks
Old 04-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Flash the latest/newest Shipped Rom from your carrier and then clear storage and format internal storage. You could also flash the last issued sprint rom and not let customizations run and then format internal storage. Then I would clear storage again and not let customs run again so you don't mess up your carrier's provisioning. I know that will work. Now, there may an alternative because there was a fix issued before the last rom releases to patch older roms. After all that you can flash a custom rom if you want.

Last edited by horndoctor; 04-05-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

h2onions is a n00b
Re: internal storage

you have probably tried this but maybe not...
had the same problem, with not being able to find it after i flashed the latest stock sprint rom...

when i connected my diamond and it asked whether to put it in active sync or disk mode i put in disc mode...
then on my comp it asked to reformat the storage and it did and it worked after that and i could see it
Old 04-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond
Carrier: Telus

phakeorama is a n00b
Re: internal storage

Same problem here. I also get message on screen "internal storage could not be accessed" I think its stuck in disk mode and won't eject?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond