PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

vdubbin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to change from alltel to verizon?

I'm new and have been searching this site and xda to figure out how or if I can unlock my sisters Alltel Diamond to use as a verizon phone. She recently joined my verizon account from alltel and has lost the use of her diamond, even though someone at verizon thought we could switch her phone over without a problem, which wasn't the case, after the matter of course...

If anyone could point me in the correct direction, I would appreciate it! I couldn't tell if the "unlocking" term you guys reference about flashing new rom's and radio's would allow me to change the phone to verizon.

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2010, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

patheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to patheticpuma
Re: How to change from alltel to verizon?

*228 option 3
flash a generic rom and use verizon data/arcsoft cabs
worked my friend 2 days ago
and im pretty sure this is the wrong thread, but oh well

Last edited by patheticpuma; 03-30-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:20 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to General Diamond Discussion
Old 03-31-2010, 01:51 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubbin View Post
I'm new and have been searching this site and xda to figure out how or if I can unlock my sisters Alltel Diamond to use as a verizon phone. She recently joined my verizon account from alltel and has lost the use of her diamond, even though someone at verizon thought we could switch her phone over without a problem, which wasn't the case, after the matter of course...

If anyone could point me in the correct direction, I would appreciate it! I couldn't tell if the "unlocking" term you guys reference about flashing new rom's and radio's would allow me to change the phone to verizon.

Thanks!
This thread may help:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...alltel+verizon
Old 03-31-2010, 10:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

vdubbin is a n00b

Thanks, I'll try searching "flashing an alltel phone to verizon" or something like that. The link you provided sounds like it could be possible according to this quote:

"If you're in a non-divested Alltel market, chances are Verizon will activate the Allel phone "as-is." They're essentially one in the same company now. Just call up 611 (from your phone) or Verizon directly and give them the MEID. All of the Alltel ESN/MEIDs should now be in the Verizon database.

Otherwise, you'd need to HARD SPL, load a Verizon ROM, load the Verizon PRI (if it didn't come w/ the Verizon ROM), load a verizon PRL and then activate OTA ("*228")"

Already tried calling verizon & alltel and visiting a tech, no luck. Hopefully I can find out if the the Hard SPL, ROM, PRI and PRL will allow the switch.

Is there anyone out there who's succedded in this switch?
Old 04-01-2010, 05:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

It's not a matter of having the right stuff on your phone to allow the switch, it's a matter of verizon allowing your phone on their system, they use to have a menu option under *228 that allowed you to do it, it was option 3, but that was blocked last year, right now, alltel is the only one that is allowing you to add your own phone, I have a sprint diamond, I put it on an alltel prepaid last year, just didn't use data, 2 months ago, I got a usb data modem through alltel, then I called up and added my diamond, they allowed it and since I own my diamond and not under a contract, my data plan instead of being $40 is only $10 (for the same plan)

so I'm paying $50 a month, $40 for 700 minutes (their least expensive plan) and $10 for the unlimited data plan, I don't use text messaging and I have a google number (which I use for my text messaging and have it forwarded to email and I respond via email), by setting up my google number as my 1 fav number all in and out calls are free, I do use some of my 700 minutes once and a while, but for the most part, I'm paying $50/month for unlimited minutes/data

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond