PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   my vibrate just went out AGAIN (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116240)

violent31601 03-29-2010 06:14 PM

my vibrate just went out AGAIN

this makes 3 phones this same problem has happend to!

time to see what TEP offers me, if anything...

horndoctor 03-30-2010 01:25 AM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by violent31601
this makes 3 phones this same problem has happend to!

time to see what TEP offers me, if anything...

Dang!
I'm curious how you have your vibrate set. Do you use vibrate for all notifications and for your keyboard or what?
Just wondering if you are just having bad luck or this could be prevented.

basilray 03-30-2010 10:16 AM

Re: my vibrate just went out AGAIN

Welcome to the club. I went through at least than many myself. My current one (which is in a drawer as I explore the world of BlackBerry) has been going strong for nearly a year.

verkion 03-30-2010 05:37 PM

Anyone know where to order replacement motors? I haven't been successful in searching for a 4mm motor...lots of 6mm ones, but no 4mm. Anyone?

Thanks!
verkion

violent31601 03-30-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verkion (Post 1670415)
Anyone know where to order replacement motors? I haven't been successful in searching for a 4mm motor...lots of 6mm ones, but no 4mm. Anyone?

Thanks!
verkion

This is where having TEP pays off, i'm just taking it back to the sprint store and telling them to replace the damn thing

verkion 03-30-2010 06:34 PM

Yeah...I'm not a Sprint customer. I'm actually a customer of one of the networks of your neighbour to the north! :-P And if I told you guys why I was wanting to replace the motor myself, you wouldn't believe it!

verkion

violent31601 03-30-2010 10:23 PM

lol,

they gave me the choice of a referbed Diamond or an Instinct.

unbelievable!

CaliBoyPhillip 03-31-2010 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violent31601 (Post 1670973)
lol,

they gave me the choice of a referbed Diamond or an Instinct.

unbelievable!

haha! the instinct?! that horrible device... way back then when they released the first one. I'm sure you remember, the over hyped one! omg.. that device was such a fraud... scam! liars.. sold as a smartphone/pda, then they changed it, lol I opened my first sprint line via the instinct, later on they gave me a free Brand new htc touch diamond, and let me keep the instinct coz i called and complained :D

basilray 03-31-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verkion (Post 1670415)

Thanks!
verkion

In my experience, every time the motor stopped working on my Diamond, Sprint techs would attempt to replace the motor. Every time, it made no difference. It seemed to be more of a board/circuitry issue. I would not be at all surprised if you went through the work of replacing your motor, only to find it made no difference!

Brett8187 03-31-2010 07:45 PM

i'm 1/2 for failed motors. Hope'in my motor dies in a few months... about the time the evo comes out and there are no more diamonds