PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 06:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: sprint

Brett8187 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What is your favorite ROM?

I'm trying out different roms right now since I never did it before.

What is your favorite ROM thus far and why? Or thoughts on other roms

ROM: FearlessROM-2.5/Dusk,GTX Theme
Link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109202
Comment: I like the all white GTX theme and the dual booting android option, but ROM feels a bit slow. Might just be my POS diamond.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

apinkel is keeping up the good workapinkel is keeping up the good work
Re: What is your favorite ROM?

I'm using a custom built ROM created from OMJ's visual kitchen. It's using the 28014 sys and I'm running Sense 2.1.

I'm looking at trying out OMJ's 23541 w Sense 2.5. My previous attempts at using Sense 2.5 ROMs were a bit disapointing due to reduced performance and poor battery life. I'm hoping his new 2.5 ROM is good, if so I'll probably cook my own so I can pull out the stuff I don't use which will give me as much free memory as possible.

I tend to prefer ROM's that are not highly customized visually (because I want to add my own customizations) but I do prefer a chef that keeps up on the latest versions of Sense, sys's, dialers, etc..
Old 03-29-2010, 02:24 AM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

always liked building my own....
Old 03-29-2010, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTc Diamond

powerpower73 is becoming a great contributor

have you tried MikROM? I am running 21879 lite version, sense 2.5. I don't know what he did but it run, imho, as fast as sense 2.1, and battery life is also great, not to mention storage after the flash. I became a big fan of this rom.
well, if you are looking for one I think you should definitely try it.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by apinkel View Post
I'm using a custom built ROM created from OMJ's visual kitchen. It's using the 28014 sys and I'm running Sense 2.1.

I'm looking at trying out OMJ's 23541 w Sense 2.5. My previous attempts at using Sense 2.5 ROMs were a bit disapointing due to reduced performance and poor battery life. I'm hoping his new 2.5 ROM is good, if so I'll probably cook my own so I can pull out the stuff I don't use which will give me as much free memory as possible.

I tend to prefer ROM's that are not highly customized visually (because I want to add my own customizations) but I do prefer a chef that keeps up on the latest versions of Sense, sys's, dialers, etc..

the best you're going to do is download OMJ's visual Kitchen and build your own ROM.

You can add EXT Packages from XDA or other places (to include in your ROM) and you save so much space and get exactly what you want. You'll like it I promise.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond