PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wouldn't it be nice to combine some carrier features??

It sure would be nice to be able to combine features of other carriers, I use to be on sprint, now I'm with alltel, alltel works in my area while sprint works but only in a roaming mode (which sprint said I could be charged for roaming on my unlimited plan if my roaming exceeds 75% of my usage, so I switch to alltel)

I liked sprint's telenav feature, especially since I moved out of state and getting lost is easy, google maps works fine, but it doesn't give the same interface and step/step voice directions

I also liked sprint's tv, I drive about 45 minutes to and from work, before I moved I drove about the same distance, I would turn on sprint tv and listen to a show, news, etc
Old 03-20-2010, 10:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: Wouldn't it be nice to combine some carrier features??

Can't help you with the navigation issue, but if you'd like to listen to news or programs on internet radio ... here's a link.

http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda/
Old 03-20-2010, 06:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

overtheair is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
I liked sprint's telenav feature, especially since I moved out of state and getting lost is easy, google maps works fine, but it doesn't give the same interface and step/step voice directions
Amaze GPS works well on the Diamond and is free to use. http://dl.locationet.com/amAze5?devi...p3700&brand=17
It's not as feature-rich as Telenav/SprintNav - for instance you can't search business names - and the interface is not as user friendly and takes a while to get used to. But it does provide step by step voice and visual navigation. An updated version 5.0 is supposedly going to be released for Windows Mobile soon, though it's been stuck on "soon" for quite a while. The link above is for version 4.5.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid
Threadstarter

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheair View Post
Amaze GPS works well on the Diamond and is free to use. http://dl.locationet.com/amAze5?devi...p3700&brand=17
It's not as feature-rich as Telenav/SprintNav - for instance you can't search business names - and the interface is not as user friendly and takes a while to get used to. But it does provide step by step voice and visual navigation. An updated version 5.0 is supposedly going to be released for Windows Mobile soon, though it's been stuck on "soon" for quite a while. The link above is for version 4.5.
thanks, I went on a 700 mile round trip on saturday (lots of fun) and I used it, it worked great, other then telling me to run left every 5 seconds or so when I was stuck at a stop light lol

exactly what I was looking for, but, it locked up a few times

hopefully the new version will come out sooner then later
Old 03-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
It sure would be nice to be able to combine features of other carriers, I use to be on sprint, now I'm with alltel, alltel works in my area while sprint works but only in a roaming mode (which sprint said I could be charged for roaming on my unlimited plan if my roaming exceeds 75% of my usage, so I switch to alltel)

I also liked sprint's tv, I drive about 45 minutes to and from work, before I moved I drove about the same distance, I would turn on sprint tv and listen to a show, news, etc
For some navigation suggestions look here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ght=navigation

Check this out for TV:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=DiamondTV

Maybe one or both of those threads will help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond