PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Problem with ROM I cooked (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114897)

greeced 03-19-2010 11:27 PM

Problem with ROM I cooked

Hello, I'm hoping you all can help me with a ROM I just cooked.

I used Calkulin's 4.2 Kitchen and I've created a 6.1 21055 ROM. Its working lightning quick (mind you, nothing special about it), and I've gotten mostly everything to work... I'm experiencing two issues that are. driving me banana's though.

I am using Manila 2.1 on it with a Rhodium Phone Canvas with the Blue Skin.

Now, here's my problems.

1. Each and every time I receive an incoming call, the keyboard toggle button at the bottom of the screen, including the black bar from left to right that accompanies it, flashes on top of the "Mute Ring" button. I have used other peoples roms that use the exact kitchen and setup and they don't have this problem. Any ideas on this one?

2. The hard end key (hangup) works intermittantly with it. Any idea why? I'd like it to work consistantly.

I'm extremely new at this, but would really like to know why this is. I've searched extensively with little to no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

wmdunn 03-19-2010 11:55 PM

Re: Problem with ROM I cooked

Hey Nick ... I had lots of trouble with 4.2 ... still using 4.1 for my non-sense roms.

greeced 03-20-2010 12:05 AM

Oh really? Maybe thats the problem. Thanks Bill... I'll try and find a copy, download it, and see if that works.

Thanks!

Jadall 03-20-2010 01:04 AM

it sounds like a setting in the kitchen for the dialpad try tweaking on that to see if changing the keypad skins and such. I had rom's act up on me also and downloading the package again or re unpacking it from the .rar .zip archive whatever it is in and reload everything I had a rom kitchen do that to me and I fixed it by doing that.

Since i'm not on any specific rom's thread I have used the saved templates that are in the omj sense kitchen 1.8. I tried sense 2.5 seemed a bit too much and they were always too big. I got hooked on 6.5 with sense 2.1 runs alright for me.

Oh and the intx rom in the build thread he's not developing it anymore but that has always been a good go back to rom its 6.1 runs nicely.

greeced 03-20-2010 01:11 AM

Well, here's an update... I installed Calkulin's Kitchen 4.1 - So far the Rhodium Phone Canvas is doing the same thing.

I'm now recreating the ROM with the Tachi Phone Canvas.. see if that works.

As for Intx's rom.. I tried it, liked it somewhat... but some programs that were cooked in I didn't need.

Will update momentarily whether tachi worked.

The Stock HTC dialer doesn't have the issue Rhodium does, but I can't use the contact features with it.

We'll see what happens.

greeced 03-20-2010 01:13 AM

As for re unpacking, I've done that, I even went as far as taking OMJ's Rhodium stuff and copying them over to Calkulins, with no success either (OMJ's works, but has other issues, thats why I'm just going with a Manila 2.1 kitchen).

greeced 03-20-2010 01:18 AM

Update... Using the Tachi Phone Dialer in the 4.1 Kitchen works. No problem with the black bar anymore..

Hangup is a little slow or flaky.. wonder why... but I guess I can live with that.