PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help - Broken USB, need to relock

Hey guys.. I'm hoping someone could help me out here, but not sure if there is a solution to my problem. So my USB port stopped working and I cannot establish a connection to my computer (even when in the bootloader screen) therefore I can't flash any rom via USB. I always keep the shipped rom on the internal storage for problems like these, but here is my unfortunate situation: I decided to flash a new rom, so I transfered it to my internal storage via bluetooth. I named the file DIAMIMG (changed the shipped rom to DIAMIMG_shipped so it wasn't overwritten) and proceeded to flash from internal storage following the instructions (i've done this many times before). Here is where I ran into trouble. After flashing, the rom is stuck on the load screen: HTC Diamond with the red numbers for radio version etc. I've tried reflashing from storage the new rom and it still will not boot so it must have been a bad version or didin't get completely copied over. Anyhow, I now can't get the phone to boot and therefore can't access the internal storage to rename DIAMIMG_shipped back to DIAMIMG to reflash the stock and I can't establish a connection via USB. So I guess here is my ultimate question: Is there any way to cycle through the .nbh files on internal storage to pick which one to flash to or is that hardwired into the phone? Also does anybody have any suggestions as to what else I could do? I am not sure if I will be able to send it in to sprint because my phone is unlocked and without being able to get a connection I can't relock it

Thanks for all the help and sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be descriptive. If you have any questions or need clarifications just let me know.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

j37hr0 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Help - Broken USB, need to relock

If you have the Asurion insurance, just "lose" your phone and pay the $100. I've never sent a phone in for insurance replacement, because I have the TEP.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

ecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by j37hr0 View Post
If you have the Asurion insurance, just "lose" your phone and pay the $100. I've never sent a phone in for insurance replacement, because I have the TEP.
thanks, but I was hoping for a cheaper/more technical solution - and one where I could keep everything on my internal storage: contacts, files, etc...
Old 03-07-2010, 11:28 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecker2008 View Post
thanks, but I was hoping for a cheaper/more technical solution - and one where I could keep everything on my internal storage: contacts, files, etc...
Do what he recommends and and retrieve your files via BT or WIFI
Old 03-07-2010, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond soon to be Evo :)

lucario07 is keeping up the good worklucario07 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2k View Post
Do what he recommends and and retrieve your files via BT or WIFI
He can't boot his phone, does your phone charge when you connect it to a usb, and if it does what os are you using on your computer.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucario07 View Post
does your phone charge when you connect it to a usb, and if it does what os are you using on your computer.
Yes, my phone still charges via USB.. I am using 64-bit Windows 7, but am pretty positive that it is my phone's usb port, not my computer or anything else..
Old 03-08-2010, 02:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond soon to be Evo :)

lucario07 is keeping up the good worklucario07 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecker2008 View Post
Yes, my phone still charges via USB.. I am using 64-bit Windows 7, but am pretty positive that it is my phone's usb port, not my computer or anything else..
How did you use to flash your device, did you flash a rom letting the bootloader automatically load or did you go to bootloader with volume down and power button to flash roms?
Old 03-08-2010, 07:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Since your phone still charges via usb, could you cut and paste a renamed Sprint nbh, and have it over write the bad nbh? Then flash from internal storage ... just a thought.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Since your phone still charges via usb, could you cut and paste a renamed Sprint nbh, and have it over write the bad nbh? Then flash from internal storage ... just a thought.
Yes, my phone charges, but I cannot get my computer to recognize the connection.. maybe I am confused by your suggestion.. how could i cut and paste a renamed nbh if my phone will not boot up and therefore I have no way(that i know of) to get access to the internal storage via usb.. doesn't the phone have to be booted up for that?
Old 03-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucario07 View Post
How did you use to flash your device, did you flash a rom letting the bootloader automatically load or did you go to bootloader with volume down and power button to flash roms?
since my phone's usb port didn't work the only way I could flash roms was through the internal storage flash.. I had to use bluetooth or wifi to get the nbh to the internal storage.. and then i flashed it from there (power + reset + volume down + action button + back button)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Tags
broken usb port, unable to sync