PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   crap need help MEID disappeared from phone (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113657)

patheticpuma 03-10-2010 02:42 PM

crap need help MEID disappeared from phone

I accidentally ran update pri instead or prl on omj sense 2.5 rom. It replaced my pri with a vogue/mogul pri and thus my data was crappin out on me. I ran ##RTN# and menu reset as i saw in another post with someone having the same problem who said it solved their problem. Well it made my problem worse. Now my pri is right but my meid is blank in device info, and my msl will not work for epst. I have flashed and reflashed stock to no avail. I need my phone working again.
TIA

patheticpuma 03-10-2010 03:14 PM

Re: crap need help MEID disappeared from phone

ok i have it half working...i download bafmsl grabber and it gave me a different msl of 333339 which worked to get into the activation wizard, entered my mdn/msid reset and it works for voice calls but data is giving me an error saying my username/password is wrong. I did a hard reset to let the customizations run but it still gives me that error, installed dcd carrier cab, still have the same problem any help would be great.

basilray 03-10-2010 04:12 PM

Did you run Update Profile? There's a Cab for it for Sprint if you're not on Stock.

My suggestion - install the cab and run the profile update. Then hard reset. Hopefully, that takes care of it. If not:

1. Flash Stock
2. Hard Reset
3. Run Update Profile
4. Test - If working, Awesome
5. If not, hard reset again - should hit Hands-free activation

patheticpuma 03-10-2010 05:18 PM

tried running update profile, says it worked, but when i try the data it still says username password are incorrect, hard reset again tried again...fail
install dcd cab for sprint....fail
hard reset and go straight to dcd cab....fail
pulling my hair out....success

Primenall 03-15-2010 09:36 PM

So what does your meid say now, is it still the same as it was before?
The meid is written multiple places in the ram, so were you in debug mode messing around with the meid or did it just happen?

Sounds like you need them to "reprovision your phone" (call them on a different phone) and also run the "update" on your phone again if your data isn't working.

It needs to download the hdr username/password again (this is derived from your meid, so if you have a NEW meid, sometimes it will not want to download the correct user/password for some reason, even if the new meid matches the meid on your account.)

basilray 03-17-2010 11:23 AM

If you have an old phone lying around, you could activate that, then reactivate your Diamond. Make sure you're on the Stock ROM, and you should be able to hit hands-free activation fired up on 1st boot.

whitey10tc 03-17-2010 02:14 PM

Buy a version of cdmaworkshop and write it back to the phone. There is not an update in the world that will write your MEID back to the phone. You will need to do it manually using software and repairing it from your PC. Do a google search for HTC Diamond MEID/ESN repair for the instructions on how to do this. It's not a easy process and is very dangerous to the phone. 1 false/incorrect entry could give you a nice paper weight.

Hypnotic2010 03-17-2010 03:04 PM

This may be helpful: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64718

patheticpuma 03-21-2010 10:35 PM

after very much research and trial and error, I got cdma workshop running, and sure enough when it read from phone my meid was all 0's I had to rewrite it to the phone, reset and all is good now