PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

vchawla is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Signal Search Timeout

Does anyone know how I can stop the phone from constantly searching for signal when it is out of coverage. I often spend 2-3 hours of my day in the basement of my building and there is no coverage, the phone keeps searching for signal and I've had as much as 50% of my battery get drained by this. Ideally I would like it to search for signal for 20 seconds every 2-3 minutes to save battery.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:10 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Signal Search Timeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by vchawla View Post
Does anyone know how I can stop the phone from constantly searching for signal when it is out of coverage. I often spend 2-3 hours of my day in the basement of my building and there is no coverage, the phone keeps searching for signal and I've had as much as 50% of my battery get drained by this. Ideally I would like it to search for signal for 20 seconds every 2-3 minutes to save battery.
You could put it in Airplane mode(radio off) while you are in the basement.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:22 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vchawla is a n00b

True but sometimes I'm down there intermittently. I probably spend a total of 2-3 hours down there but not always at a stretch. I can't believe there isn't a reg key to set your own signal search timeout.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

Download and install attached advanced configuration cab. Chack and adjust settings under power and network. This should help.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Schaps_AdvancedConfig_v2.0.2.0.CAB (384.4 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:39 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintgirl View Post
Download and install attached advanced configuration cab. Chack and adjust settings under power and network. This should help.
I didn't know you could adjust that with Advanced Config.
Thanks sprintgirl!

EDIT: Just an FYI...There is a 3.x version of Advanced Config out. That's what I have.

Last edited by horndoctor; 03-09-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

4sure
Old 03-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vchawla is a n00b

I downloaded and installed version 3.3 of Advanced config and unless I'm missing something I don't see a setting to adjust the timeout when there is no signal. The closest thing I see is "TCP connection attempts" which I can set to as low as 1 but I don't think that is the same thing. I just want the phone to turn off if it can't find any signal for lets say 30 seconds. Then come back on in 5 minutes and try to find signal again.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:38 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vchawla
I downloaded and installed version 3.3 of Advanced config and unless I'm missing something I don't see a setting to adjust the timeout when there is no signal. The closest thing I see is "TCP connection attempts" which I can set to as low as 1 but I don't think that is the same thing. I just want the phone to turn off if it can't find any signal for lets say 30 seconds. Then come back on in 5 minutes and try to find signal again.
Well...maybe there is an app out there that can do this for you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond