PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Signal Search Timeout (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113466)

vchawla 03-08-2010 10:56 PM

Signal Search Timeout

Does anyone know how I can stop the phone from constantly searching for signal when it is out of coverage. I often spend 2-3 hours of my day in the basement of my building and there is no coverage, the phone keeps searching for signal and I've had as much as 50% of my battery get drained by this. Ideally I would like it to search for signal for 20 seconds every 2-3 minutes to save battery.

horndoctor 03-09-2010 12:10 AM

Re: Signal Search Timeout

Quote:

Originally Posted by vchawla (Post 1616602)
Does anyone know how I can stop the phone from constantly searching for signal when it is out of coverage. I often spend 2-3 hours of my day in the basement of my building and there is no coverage, the phone keeps searching for signal and I've had as much as 50% of my battery get drained by this. Ideally I would like it to search for signal for 20 seconds every 2-3 minutes to save battery.

You could put it in Airplane mode(radio off) while you are in the basement.:mrgreen:

vchawla 03-09-2010 12:22 AM

True but sometimes I'm down there intermittently. I probably spend a total of 2-3 hours down there but not always at a stretch. I can't believe there isn't a reg key to set your own signal search timeout.

sprintgirl 03-09-2010 12:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Download and install attached advanced configuration cab. Chack and adjust settings under power and network. This should help. :)

horndoctor 03-09-2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprintgirl (Post 1616852)
Download and install attached advanced configuration cab. Chack and adjust settings under power and network. This should help. :)

I didn't know you could adjust that with Advanced Config.
Thanks sprintgirl! =D>

EDIT: Just an FYI...There is a 3.x version of Advanced Config out. That's what I have. ;)

sprintgirl 03-09-2010 01:31 AM

4sure :)

vchawla 03-09-2010 03:56 PM

I downloaded and installed version 3.3 of Advanced config and unless I'm missing something I don't see a setting to adjust the timeout when there is no signal. The closest thing I see is "TCP connection attempts" which I can set to as low as 1 but I don't think that is the same thing. I just want the phone to turn off if it can't find any signal for lets say 30 seconds. Then come back on in 5 minutes and try to find signal again.

horndoctor 03-10-2010 03:38 AM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vchawla
I downloaded and installed version 3.3 of Advanced config and unless I'm missing something I don't see a setting to adjust the timeout when there is no signal. The closest thing I see is "TCP connection attempts" which I can set to as low as 1 but I don't think that is the same thing. I just want the phone to turn off if it can't find any signal for lets say 30 seconds. Then come back on in 5 minutes and try to find signal again.

Well...maybe there is an app out there that can do this for you.
:dontknow: