PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

lancep93 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Data problems with Android on Diam500

Well, ive tried for many days now with no avail

i have a cdma touch diamond on cellular south, EVERYTHING works great with Ecclair

EXCEPT i cannot establish a data connection watsoever, i have tried everythin, every build out there even

I need help, is this happeneing on other diam500s? is it to do with apn settings? a radio? or what?

any help will be GREATLY appreciated
Old 03-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Data problems with Android on Diam500

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancep93 View Post

i have a cdma touch diamond on cellular south, EVERYTHING works great with Ecclair

EXCEPT i cannot establish a data connection watsoever, i have tried everythin, every build out there even

I need help, is this happeneing on other diam500s? is it to do with apn settings? a radio? or what?

Is Cellular South CDMA or GSM?
Have you tried calling your carrier and asking them for help with data?
You just need the appropriate server address the proper settings. I doubt it has much to do with Android.
Don't tell them you are running Android though.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

I believe he already stated it was cdma... do you have any prl update, provision settings or update data profile? I know on sprint that would probably fix it... and could send you the cab but doubt it would work since its not for your carrier...I am unfamiliar with cellular south...sounds like mom and pop wireless. if you flash back to stock and hard reset do you have data? have you asked your wireless provider if there is some type of soc code on your account by mistake or did you have data and then lose it all of the sudden?
Old 03-09-2010, 01:37 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

I was thinking...You could flash the shipped cellular south rom and let customizations run and let it boot. Then you could do your Android install.
Or you could navigate to your connection settings (after you let customizations run) and copy down the provisioning settings. Then install Android and then enter provisioning.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

isnt that what i said?
Old 03-09-2010, 02:55 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintgirl View Post
isnt that what i said?
Not really. What you suggested sounded like a suggestion to just use the stock/shipped rom. That would be fine if he was wanting to run WinMo but he is trying to run Android. Obviously, if he just wanted to run WinMo then he could just flash to stock and data would/should work. I was just trying to help him get data working on the Android OS.
Are you looking for an argument?!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc snap ceda100 s510
Carrier: Telus

Jadall is just getting started

when I tested it on my diamond data did work I used the android from the fearless rom package in the upgrade cdma diamond section in this forum. he has it made up for our phones I think it was 2/16 date build I used last
and yes make sure internet works in winmo

Last edited by Jadall; 03-09-2010 at 03:58 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lancep93 is a n00b

ok thank yall for all of the replies

so i shud try flashing my stock rom, then go to android?

do i need a diff radio? or stock?
Old 03-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
ok thank yall for all of the replies

so i shud try flashing my stock rom, then go to android?

do i need a diff radio? or stock?
If you flash the shipped/stock rom then it will include the stock radio for your carrier. That's what I would start with for now.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:01 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lancep93 is a n00b

ok i am really about to give up here

i restored everythin to stock AND relocked

i put an android build that previously worked now halfway through the boot it says
cant access tty, job control turned off

and goes no where after that

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond