PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: bell
Threadstarter

moop is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: "your warranty is voided because of illegal software"

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
What !?! You are telling me that a build of Windows 6.5 is on my phone? How did you come to that conclusion? Is it possible that you were confused by the theme I was running, or the startup splash or animation? At any rate, if you got the phone to boot and it is working, may I have my property back please? That, or you could replace it with a new one under warranty.

Just a thought on how you might direct the conversation to, at the very least, gain a little more insight into what is really going on.

Best regards,
-boggsie
thanks for the reply

i should have posted a good summary in my first post about what is going on... i'll try to outline everything here

1. i've had winmo 6.5 running without problems for 2 months or so (until now).
2. phone went completely dead, would not boot, couldn't access anything from usb port (which i believe has nothing to do with winmo 6.5)
3. went to bell store and they shipped it off to HTC for 1 year manufacturer warranty support.
4. went to pick up the phone from the bell store and the note attached to the bag said "phone beyond economical repair due to illegal software" and the phone was of course not repaired.

everyone i've talked to at Bell and HTC so far have been quite pleasant, i now have the number for the warranty repair center but i have to wait until monday to call. we'll see what happens.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:12 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Good Luck Dude!
You never know!...They may work something out with you.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex
Carrier: Sprint

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

so you cant even flash the stock ruu onto it? guess if nothing else you could sell it for parts

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond