PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond
Carrier: bell

laopi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
is it possible to disable data connection completely?

Hi,

I had a diamond cdma without any data plan, and I don't need any data plan, however, the Bell charge me a lot for the data connection, even I disable/delete the connection, change the dial number (#777), when I use the wifi, I still get some data charge.
Is it possible to use a rom to disable the data connection?

Thanks.

peter
Old 02-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: is it possible to disable data connection completely?

NoData cab floating around somewhere disables data connection. I'll look for it in a minute and post it if I find it.

Found it.
Attached Files
File Type: cab nodata.cab (25.2 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!

Old 02-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond
Carrier: bell
Threadstarter

laopi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
NoData cab floating around somewhere disables data connection. I'll look for it in a minute and post it if I find it.

Found it.
thank you, it didn't work, it just disable the 'data connection' from registry, my bell phone will turn it on automaticly。

peter
Old 02-24-2010, 12:57 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

even if you find a way to disable it, don't you think the company would still charge you the data charge monthly? If they wouldn't still charge you then I think they shouldn't charge you in the first place.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 02-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by laopi View Post
thank you, it didn't work, it just disable the 'data connection' from registry, my bell phone will turn it on automaticly。

peter

Sorry that didn't work, in fact I never used it just had it on hand from a long time ago. Anyways, is there any way you can have your data disabled from the carriers side? Sprint can do it, don't know about Bell.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

You probably should run shaggylive's cmkiller cab and then run the nodata cab. That should do it.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

if you haven't figured out a way to disable your data yet, I use OMJ's rom, I am on an alltel prepaid plan and have to pay .10/min data, I have my data turned off and never get charged unless I manually turn it on under the "comm manager"

download his rom and that will solve your problem, just make sure to go into the comm manager and turn it off, it's on by default
Old 03-01-2010, 04:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Bell

greeced is a n00b

This is what I did as I got a diamond with no contract.

On my previous phone I kept getting data charges because it would connect to the internet accidentally.

So I called Bell Mobility, and demanded they put a Data Block on my plan. After arguing with them and threatening to leave they put it on and I haven't been charged a cent for data since.

The diamond will still attempt to connect, but it will always produce an error.

You can delete the #777 setting in the data connections, and it will eliminate the error message for a while, but it will come back, unless of course you're using a custom rom, and then for some reason it will never come back.

My point is, you can call Bell to put a data block on your phone... Its free and doesn't cost anything. They will tell you there is no way for them to do that, but thats a complete and utter lie.

I have 3 phones on my plan, and all three are data blocked. I can even post a screen shot of my bell.ca account page if you need to forward it to them

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond