PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Ozone
Carrier: Verizon

Azbowhunter62 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Ozone Sync. "Help" No Forum for Ozone

Hello,
I know I am in a forum that doesn't relate to the Diamond but I don'twhere else to post. I am new here and looking for help getting my dang HTC Ozone to connect to Mobile Device Center. I loved (PAST TENSE) my phone so much but it is useless to me if I can't get this dang thing to sync. It seems as though I have had sync issues as long as I've had it.
When I hook up my phone to the computer via USB the MDC will not see it. I am running Windows 7 right now. Before I upgraded to windows 7 I started having similar issues with my connections. When I upgraded it seemed to fix the problem and then I could sync again. Well, once I closed MDC it would never recognize my phone again. So I tried Reinstalling Windows7 with no luck, Uninstalling MDC & reinstalling with no luck, Ending Partnerships with no luck. I am really stumped here and need some help.
Oh, another thing is when I reinstall MDC I always get a message that it won't install properly. Now When I delete MDC so I can reinstall it I do it through Add And Remove Programs. Then I go to the download folder and delete the folder that holds the installation or setup. When I go to re-download it, it will only take a millisecond to download. So I am thinking that there is another place this program is hiding. So, can anyone help. I hope I made some sense to you. because I am totally confused here and it may be leaking out. LOL
Thank you!

Sincerely,
One bummed out HTC user.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
Old 03-05-2010, 02:54 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: HTC Ozone Sync. "Help" No Forum for Ozone

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble.
I suggest you first use a program like Piriform's Ccleaner on your pc to try to completely remove WMDC.
Then shut down and reboot and then download and reinstall WMDC.
I then would check Activesync on your device and make sure that there isn't an old partnership or setup on there from a previous setup.
Then I suggest you make sure nothing else is running on your PC that might interfere with syncing like some sort of firewall, virus, or malware software before you connect your device. Then connect it and your pc should recognize it and you should be able to setup the partnership.
If that fails then I would say you might have a hardware failure of some kind like a bad cable, usb port, or a problem with your device.
Activesync may be messed up on your device somehow and I would think your only option there is to flash the shipped rom(if you are running a custom one) and hard reset. Hope that helps! Good Luck!
Old 03-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: HTC Ozone Sync. "Help" No Forum for Ozone

Welcome to the site. There IS a forum for the Ozone. It's under a different section since it's a non-touchscreen:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond