PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 01:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond soon to be Evo :)
Carrier: Sprint

lucario07 is keeping up the good worklucario07 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have a question for all the rom cooks out here?

I was just wondering where do all you cooks learn to make a rom, I'm just asking because I want to cook a rom up for myself.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: I have a question for all the rom cooks out here?

Go to the Upgrades forum grab a kitchen and start cooking. Read the thread from start to finish and keep up with them. XDA has a lot of info as well.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:23 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77
Go to the Upgrades forum grab a kitchen and start cooking. Read the thread from start to finish and keep up with them. XDA has a lot of info as well.
I agree thats how i got in the game! all i want to add is if u plan to release to the masses i would advise to brang something fresh amd new to the scene! something that will compell people to try ur rom!! like my first rom release was based on the fact that we had no one maintaining a basic 6.1 and 6.5 rom without manila(tf3d) for the tp2!! im a 6.1 user with no plans of going to 6.5.anything but i love manila 2.5 so i made a rom with wm6.1 and manila 2.5 (in my sig)! at the time no one had made something like that!!

Old 02-25-2010, 02:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)
Im a 6.1 user with no plans of going to 6.5.anything but i love manila 2.5 so i made a rom with wm6.1 and manila 2.5 (in my sig)! at the time no one had made something like that!!
Good points ... for me it was lots of reading, trial and error, and forever experimenting. For that matter, I'm always thinking about improving. My advice ... cook up something for yourself, don't be worried about a public offering ... and don't get discouraged. There are plenty of us who are willing to help.

PS ... Adrian, just wanted to make sure that everyone remembers that your rom is for the TP2 and not the Diamond. By the way, it looks great ...
Old 02-25-2010, 03:06 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

also fyi there are 2 kitchen varieties. lots of good info on the old style in the 67/68/6900 area's, but the newer came about with the diamond/tp and newer.

ppckichen.org used to be a good place to start.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The thing I want to learn is to edit kitchens and know how to make my own customizations from the ones already on the kitchen.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucario07 View Post
The thing I want to learn is to edit kitchens and know how to make my own customizations from the ones already on the kitchen.
Not exactly sure what you are asking here ... perhaps a little more specific. Some of the things that I did to learn ... were read any and everything, searched for specific questions and answers, and follow the lead of others. Learning to add EXT's and edit xml's/rgu's wasn't too difficult. Adding tweaks was fairly easy when I followed other's examples. Editing image files with paint and photoshop had a short learning curve ... but is pretty routine (and tedious!).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yeah that should've been my question, editing xml's/rgu's and tweaks, thats what I want to learn.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:23 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

there are some very good tutorials in ROM/Kitchen Development
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
there are some very good tutorials in ROM/Kitchen Development
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38
thanks this is helping a lot

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond