PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

Jewbagel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
DIAM500 Wrong username/pass (but its right)

Okay basically the title says it all.

I have the username for data along with the password. I have called about 7 times over the past week, and been to the store, cellular south, twice. I have reset my device to factory settings, after hours of searching for it. So this leaves me to believe it is either on cellular souths end, or hardware.

This has been happening on and off for 3 months now, but its completely broke atm. If anyone might have some information please help me. Otherwise its back to the store to fight for a replacement. (I have insurance)
Old 02-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jewbagel is a n00b
Re: DIAM500 Wrong username/pass (but its right)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Doing what?? Getting on the net? Leave the fields blank.
I have unlimited data so I would like my email to check every so often. Its the whole reason it is so important to me at the moment for my online classes. I will try this none the less real fast.....Same thing.

Let me reword this....

Then -

When i first got the phone the internet worked fine. It was 3g speed, everything was working perfect. Over time, it would randomly tell me the password and username was wrong. Sometimes it would go through, sometimes it wouldnt. Even though the information was the same.

edit: factory default as in the RUU that came with my phone from cellular south

So, intermittently it will deny my request from the 3g connection, delete the password and sometimes delete the username. I would re-enter it and it would work.

Now -

I have reset my device to its factory defaults due to it constantly telling me the password and username is wrong. I had the latest energy cdma rom on it at the time, and the guy at cellular south told me to put the original on it so he could help me.(He cant break regulations and whatnot) And now I am still having the same problem. Now its just constant, and i just recalled for my information. It must be something with my hardware, or most likely the 3g server.

I just need some guidance on what step to take next. Since i have tried all the available options.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Your user name/password problem sounds strange. I do not have Cellular South, so I'm somewhat clueless in regard to your network log-in. Nonetheless, it sounds like a network authentication issue. Do you have the option available in your settings to update your profile OTA? If so, run it, and see if it updates your user name and password. Also, not sure if it will help, but you could try installing your specific DCD Carrier cab. The combination of the two may help fix the network log-in issues. Regardless, please let us know what fixes the issue, so other members can learn the solution as well.

Best to all,
R
Old 02-25-2010, 04:30 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

start>settings>connections>connections>tasks

Under manage existing connections>modem what does your name and number say?

Mine is Name: Data Network and Number: #777

Old 02-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jewbagel is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
Your user name/password problem sounds strange. I do not have Cellular South, so I'm somewhat clueless in regard to your network log-in. Nonetheless, it sounds like a network authentication issue. Do you have the option available in your settings to update your profile OTA? If so, run it, and see if it updates your user name and password. Also, not sure if it will help, but you could try installing your specific DCD Carrier cab. The combination of the two may help fix the network log-in issues. Regardless, please let us know what fixes the issue, so other members can learn the solution as well.

Best to all,
R
Well information is to be shared, so I am obligated to share...kinda lol.

I found the DCD Carrier cab later last night. After flashing it to that, it still did not work so I was certain it had to be server side issue. After my classes today I went by the store and since I had the original ROM they didnt treat me like a criminal. The lady helping me simply called headquarters and asked one of the technicians there and they said that they had made an error. So needless to say, after I would say around 6 months of dealing with this issue and this Mississippi bound carrier, its finally fixed.

Ironicly the lady helping me knew nothing of flashing roms or what a rom was to begin with, while the head technician I had previously dealt with was convincingly enough smart in the area. (Now i know he is just definition smart)

So a little advice for other Cellular South customers with any flashed hardware always bring it up default with a fresh restart on your phone. This is the link to the website I found the download on.

http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=25

The download server it is on is slow but my upload is horid so I cant host it. The link is a few post down. Hope this helps anyone in the future with my new disliked company Cellular South.

One last thing, when the technician I dealt with yesterday emailed corporate and asked for the default ROM he wanted to know why it was needed. He told him and the corporate guy said, "Ha, out of luck, warranty voided"

Yeh
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Thanks for posting your resolution to the data log-in problem with the Cellular South servers. It sounds like they set up your account incorrectly or messed it up somehow along the way, d'oh. Nonetheless, glad you're good to go now.

Cheers,
R
Old 02-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I had this problem intermittantly at least a year ago with my vogue and I found that if I went into messaging and deleted the account, then turned the device completely off, then waited a few seconds, then restarted and then setup the account again without anything else running then I had no more problems. Weird but true.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond