PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 03:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: o2 XDA diamond
Carrier: o2

sinoo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[PROBLEM] Suddenly no signal & no working connections

Hi,

I have a problem with my Diamond.

I use my phone nearly without switching it off. About every 5 days my device loses his signal and stops every connection. Unfortunately not with showing me.

It still shows signal strength and connected status of HSDPA, but there is no connection anymore. If I'm called they are connected directly to my mailbox. I no longer recieve SMS and I'm no longer online. I can only notice this problem, because I cannot send an email or sms, cannot make a call or surf the web.

Strangely the fault is gone, when switching flight mode on, then switching phone back on (with PIN).

Anybody an idea on how to fix this. Did this happen for someone.
May I try a radio upgrade?

Please answer asap.

6.1 Prof.: CE OS 5.2.20764
ROM: 2.03.207.2 GER
Radio: 1.09.25.23
Old 02-15-2010, 07:16 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sinoo is a n00b
Re: [PROBLEM] Suddenly no signal & no working connections

On the german forum called "HTC Developers" I found a thread similar to my problem.
A lot of people had the same issue and it was often mentioned together with cleanRAM. Some noticed that the problem first happened after installing the app. But nobody could really reproduce the problem.

I will try to reproduce it by only uninstalling cleanRAM.
If the problem persists; cleanRAM is not the problem!
Any other ideas?
Old 02-16-2010, 02:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Very interesting I have had the exact same issue with my touch, never thought much about it I use my phone 8-10 hrs a day. I was just tonight thinking it was a radio issue, but I will uninstall clean ram and see if that's the issue.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:53 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sinoo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
Very interesting I have had the exact same issue with my touch, never thought much about it I use my phone 8-10 hrs a day. I was just tonight thinking it was a radio issue, but I will uninstall clean ram and see if that's the issue.
I already contacted the developer, but he told me that this cannot be a cleanRAM issue. It only handles software not hardware.

But so far I've been using my device now for almost 2 days without losing connection after uninstalling cleanRAM.

Let's wait and see.

edit:

Too bad. It just happened over night. So it definitly can't be a cleanRAM issue. What can I do next?

Radio update?
Where can I get one from?
Does a radio update delete all the system data similar to a hard reset/ROM update?

Last edited by sinoo; 02-17-2010 at 03:24 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

thumper01 is a n00b

Similar issue here, along with extremely long load times for today screen/touchflo after soft reset.

Had a Sprint Diamond on Alltel (then Verizon) running the stock Alltel rom with the Alltel radio. Did not start having this issue until July 2009. Woke up one morning and the phone was stuck in the bootloader screen. Soft reset it and everything seemed to be okay. However, two or three times between July 2009 and January 2010 I had this problem and the only cure was a soft reset.

Lost the phone in January 2010 and it was replaced by Asurion with a brand new VZW Diamond. Did not do anything to the replacement phone other than set up exchange e-mail and contacts. After 4 days, it dropped all connections and wouldn't connect until I soft reset. I did try switching phone on and off through comm manager and that did not help. 5 days later, same thing.

Asurion replaced that one with another brand new VZW Diamond, same thing happened after 3 days. This time I hard reset it, and did not setup anything just re-activated it and used it as is. Worked fine for 5 days, then the same thing again. VZW swapped it for a refurb, which I just activated yesterday. Should know in a couple of days if it this one is going to do it to.

The only other symptom that I have along with this is that it takes forever to finish booting up after a soft reset. It takes anywhere from 2 to 14 hours for touchflo or the today screen to come up. After initial activation and after the hard reset, it all worked fine until it dropped the signal.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sinoo is a n00b

It will sound weird, but may Opera Mobile 10 cause that problem?
After upgrading to the latest release b3, the issue seems to be solved!

Let's wait and see.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond