PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 07:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

cjcamilla is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cjcamilla
Went to Sprint...

I have texting problems. My friend and I would be having a conversation, and eventually I'll end up getting a text that has to do with a subject we were talking about hours ago. I'd ask "Why did you send that? We were talking about that an hour ago?" and responds with "I sent that an hour ago."

I told Sprint about this and they blatantly blamed Windows Mobile for this issue. I laughed about it, but they were being completely serious. I think it's their horrendous coverage, but they denied that. If this really is a Windows Mobile problem, I might just stay on Sprint and get an Android phone rather than moving to T-Mobile and getting the HD2.

I'm basically making this thread because I want to know if anyone else has had this problem on a Windows Mobile Sprint phone. If you have, post here, and let me know if you talked to Sprint or not.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

jdizzle is becoming a great contributor
Re: Went to Sprint...

had that problem YEARS back on an old flip phone, but i've had windows based phones for a couple of years now and haven't had that issue at all...and i'm on sprint, so i don't think it's a windows problem

how long you been with sprint? maybe it's your coverage area?
Old 02-16-2010, 10:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

cjcamilla is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to cjcamilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
had that problem YEARS back on an old flip phone, but i've had windows based phones for a couple of years now and haven't had that issue at all...and i'm on sprint, so i don't think it's a windows problem

how long you been with sprint? maybe it's your coverage area?
I think it's my coverage. I always have 1 bar. It's pretty annoying. I was thinking about the Airwave, but I might just go to T-Mobile and get the HD2.

I've been with Sprint for about 3 years now.

EDIT: I think it's messed up that they blatantly blamed Windows Mobile and completely ruled out the fact that it's their network.

Last edited by cjcamilla; 02-16-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond, Vogue

overtheair is just getting started

Sprint may have horrendous coverage in your particular location on LINY (you can check their coverage map to see what it should be in theory) and if so it's possible to get Airave from them for free to retain you as a customer. As for the person at the store blaming your problem on Windows Mobile, lame responses (and lame reps) can be found at any carrier. Unless it's a repair store where I have an established track record with their techs, I'd just as soon phone in a problem like that to Sprint tech support. Also, system glitches can occasionally occur that cause problems like you're experiencing. I experienced several undelivered text messages a few weeks back. But it was very temporary, and that kind of thing is rare in all the years I've used Sprint.

Last edited by overtheair; 02-16-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

It may also be a combination of the other person's phone and/or your radio. When I was on some ROM's, periodically, SMS messages that for some reason couldn't be sent would randomly send later, often times after a soft reset. This could be the case w/ your friend's phone.

Also, I'm going to go ahead and assume you have not, but have you done any testing with other Radio drivers? I think there are like 12 of them floating around, so it's a bit of trial and error. Flash one, try it for a day or two, and if it's not better, try another.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond