PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 07:44 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Simple kinda new (worry FREE) custom rom???

ok, dont stone me...ok maybe a lil as i deserve it for making this thread.

this is the issue...i have a tp2 that i flash roms all the time but my girl has a diamond. now i was looking at sum of the roms and i had flash 1 of the newer updated roms a couple weeks ago but its giving her issues (being a updated rom i know it'll have sum issues)

the thing is i spend enough time flashing roms for myself and i dont want to do the same w/ hers. i would like to flash a rom for her that is stable less issues (even if its not the newest released) that will basicly hold her over for awhile. basicly a 6.5 build w/ sense 2.1 (prolly will be more stable than a 2.5) is what i'm thinking for her... but i would appreciate sum suggestions

yea i prolly will get sum replies to: every rom is different, every person perfers different, search. i have searched (but the diamond form is not my thing) im not asking which cook is better but a 6.5 rom w/ 2.1 that will hold up for months w/ no known issues would be idle even if it is a older version, that doesnt matter to me. pretty much the only thing that matters is: i dont want to flash her diamond for the next months, and a 6.5 rom

thanks for any help and sorry ahead of time
Old 02-15-2010, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

kuluminati is keeping up the good workkuluminati is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Simple kinda new (worry FREE) custom rom???

I a have been running OMJ's 28014 Sense 2.5 v1.6 ROM for about a day and I havent noticed any issues as of yet. I will warn you, it doesnt have bubble breaker. But other than that it has been pretty solid. It is the second rom in the list in his first post. It took next to no time to flash to it. Restoring my backup did take awhile but I expected that. Hope this helps a little atleast.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:31 PM
HI Fly Guy
Threadstarter

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

well, i know 2.5 has its issues on its own (i use it on my tp2 thou), so i was thinking of sense 2.1...

and i appreciate your feedback but w/ only a day down so 2 say isnt what i was hoping for. like i said i dont want to have to flash her diamond for months...

so if there is any1 else that has had a custom rom for more than a week/weeks, pls chime in...let me kno
Old 02-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

higher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I flash alot but I always end up flashing back to Mystery sense 2.1 rom when i wanna leave a flash on for a while. I find it runs smooth and stable.

Sense 2.5 is great but i find sense 2.1 is more suited for the diamond at the moment. though the sense 2.5 has come along ways and will continue to get better

Last edited by higher diamonds; 02-15-2010 at 10:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by higher diamonds View Post
I flash alot but I always end up flashing back to Mystery sense 2.1 rom when i wanna leave a flash on for a while. I find it runs smooth and stable.

Sense 2.5 is great but i find sense 2.1 is more suited for the diamond at the moment. though the sense 2.5 has come along ways and will continue to get better
Go to OMJ's Sense Kitchen thread and d/l the kitchen. He has some 2.1 templates in there. Sit down with the gf, and put together just what she wants. Better than flowers or chocolates, my friend ...
Old 02-15-2010, 11:37 PM
HI Fly Guy
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by higher diamonds View Post

i will check mystery2.1 out, thanks
Old 02-15-2010, 11:39 PM
HI Fly Guy
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Go to OMJ's Sense Kitchen thread and d/l the kitchen. He has some 2.1 templates in there. Sit down with the gf, and put together just what she wants. Better than flowers or chocolates, my friend ...
thanks but its just more time than i wanted to spend on it. although its prolly the smartest answer just more effort than i want. thanks thou
Old 02-16-2010, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

dreamer3kx is just getting started

I think I tried almost every rom around, bunch are great, I have been using a 2.1/ 6.5 rom for a good two weeks, Extraclean rom, its a very light, 2.1 w/ 6.5, very stable and fast, I just love it.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: boost

georgepa is becoming a great contributor

pmd's rom is 2.5, but very lean and stable. It has a TV tab with over 100 great stations as part of the Sense 2.5, and still has a ton of memory left over.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:45 PM
HI Fly Guy
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepa View Post
pmd's rom is 2.5, but very lean and stable. It has a TV tab with over 100 great stations as part of the Sense 2.5, and still has a ton of memory left over.
is that the coleslaw rom? i seen that 1 too but does it really have a coleslaw bootscreen/splash? cuz that kinda turned me away as soon as i seen it...i know my girl def. wouldnt want to see that (i know i could change it) but the less time i spend on it the better

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond