PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Metro PCS

yinyang423 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please Help! MMS and email not working-MetroPCS Diamond

I recently bought an Alltel HTC Diamond, which was already flashed to metro from someone on craiglist. I currently have it active under my metro account(full VM, text, internet, MMS, etc plan).
My ROM is Juicy 8, I have PHM Registry Editor, and acrsoft 5.0.68(70).24.

I have follwed instructrions from internet forums for days now to the point my eyes are gonna start bleeding and im not getting any luck with my MMS and email.

I tweaked the internet to work on the first day, so i know i have internet at all times and havent had any trouble with it so far.

Ive followed the instructions to get my MMS working, and i know ive followed the steps correctly because I will receive MMS and it even gives me the download option, but when I select download...I get the arrows at the top of the phone, as if its trying to connect to the internet to receive/download the picture but the download never happens...When I try to send an MMS, i get the Delivery Failed message and it asks me to try again now or try again later. No matter the option I choose nothing happens/it never gets sent.Ive seen other people in forums have the same issue and the resolution to their same problem doesnt correct my issue.

Also, when I try to set up my email(hotmail) on the phone, I get all the way through the steps until the last step where it tries to check my internet connection. When I get to the step, everything just closes and I try to start over and keep getting the same problem as well.

Can someone please advise me on what the issue may be?! Do I need to upgrade to a more recent Acrsoft, ive read in ONE post that the version I have doesnt do much for the Diamond...but thats all that was said so I dont really understand. Everyone else says this is the version I need.

Please please please help ASAP!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Please Help! MMS and email not working-MetroPCS Diamond

delete your stock arcsoft via registry editor and install version 5.2.1.22 arcsoft

for email, go to messaging, options on the bottom right hand corner, click your email, edit account setup, go to advanced server settings and change it to the connection you created to get metro web.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

yinyang423 is a n00b

ok...so im having trouble with both.
To delete my current Arcsoft I use my reg editor...how do I delete? I dont have a delete option anywhere once I get into the reg editor and select Arcsoft.The only option its giving me is to rename the program. Would I just go in and deleted all the information thats in all Arcsofts folders and once thats done the program is removed?

For the email, when I go to messaging I see SMS/MMS and below that is Setup E-Mail. When I highlight the setup E-Mail and hit the menu, the only options i get are Options and Delete...but they are not selectable...

Please advise! My aplologies if these are studpid questions(no stupid questions, just stupid people, lol), but this is the first time ive ever done anything like this at all and this is my first smartphone...which is outsmarting me.

Thanks again!
Old 02-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

yinyang423 is a n00b

yes, no,... maybe? I dont want to just start deleting Acrsoft files/folders without really knowing what im doing yet.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:34 PM
VIP Member

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang423 View Post
ok...so im having trouble with both.
To delete my current Arcsoft I use my reg editor...how do I delete? I dont have a delete option anywhere once I get into the reg editor and select Arcsoft.The only option its giving me is to rename the program. Would I just go in and deleted all the information thats in all Arcsofts folders and once thats done the program is removed?

For the email, when I go to messaging I see SMS/MMS and below that is Setup E-Mail. When I highlight the setup E-Mail and hit the menu, the only options i get are Options and Delete...but they are not selectable...

Please advise! My aplologies if these are studpid questions(no stupid questions, just stupid people, lol), but this is the first time ive ever done anything like this at all and this is my first smartphone...which is outsmarting me.

Thanks again!
when you hit messaging, there is a thing on the bottom right hand corner that says menu, hit options, then click your email, then do what i said in my previous post.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

yinyang423 is a n00b

yes, i understand that...but when I hit the menu, I see the options button, but its greyed out and not selectable therefore I cannot get to the advanced settings. I have the feeling this might change once i upgrade my arcsoft/
Im not even real concerned with the email anyways. MMS is my focus right now.

How do I delete Arcsoft from the reg editor? Just delete the files in all the folders? Becauise it doesnt give me an option to un-install or delete the program outright.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:12 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
yes, i understand that...but when I hit the menu, I see the options button, but its greyed out and not selectable therefore I cannot get to the advanced settings. I have the feeling this might change once i upgrade my arcsoft/
Im not even real concerned with the email anyways. MMS is my focus right now.

How do I delete Arcsoft from the reg editor? Just delete the files in all the folders? Becauise it doesnt give me an option to un-install or delete the program outright.
pm your email to me, i will send you a task manager to do it,or just get a custom rom and work it out from there.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

yinyang423 is a n00b

I actually figure out how to delete Arcsoft, I just had to hold the stylus down over the Arcsoft folder then the delete option came up.
I downloaded the Arcsoft version you suggested, emailed it to a buddy, he sent it to his phone and downloaded and then Bluetoothed it to me.

My MMS is now working just fine...although when I get a pic messsage i sometimes have to restart my phone cuz when I go to messaging it will not allow to get into the folder...it just stays highlighted and doesnt open the folder. But thats not a big deal.

My email still wont work, ill ghet all the way throuugh the setup until the last part and it tells me syncrinization failed. Ive continued looking for the options/setting your told me should be there...but its just not there/selectable.

I want to thank you very much for your help Pimp. I cant beleive i read so much for so many days and it was such a simple fix..but I learned a lot along the way.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:31 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I actually figure out how to delete Arcsoft, I just had to hold the stylus down over the Arcsoft folder then the delete option came up.
I downloaded the Arcsoft version you suggested, emailed it to a buddy, he sent it to his phone and downloaded and then Bluetoothed it to me.

My MMS is now working just fine...although when I get a pic messsage i sometimes have to restart my phone cuz when I go to messaging it will not allow to get into the folder...it just stays highlighted and doesnt open the folder. But thats not a big deal.

My email still wont work, ill ghet all the way throuugh the setup until the last part and it tells me syncrinization failed. Ive continued looking for the options/setting your told me should be there...but its just not there/selectable.

I want to thank you very much for your help Pimp. I cant beleive i read so much for so many days and it was such a simple fix..but I learned a lot along the way.
no worries
Old 02-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

yinyang423 is a n00b

ok, so ive realized I cannot get to the settings(advanced server to change to my web connection) you informed me of, due to im not finishing my email set-up.

At the end of my email set-up, its keeps saying Syncrinization Failed and closes out. In turn, that is the reason I cannot select my email to get to the correct settings.

Ive registered my @mymetropcs.com address with Windows Live and I know this because I get notification when I get emails and such. But when I try to set up my account on my phone to have access all the time(without having to use the web and go to mobile.live.com) it doesnt finish the set-up/syncrinization fails.

Anyone might know why or how to fix this?

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond