PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 12:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

OCVpR is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Diamond wont import video clips to pc

So yeah im a noob, recently purchased a new Diamond and have been excited to learn all these cool things I can do with my phone. Hopefully I can make it a decent, usable phone. I've been reading up on how to flash my phone with new ROM's ect for a couple weeks now before actually jumping in feet first. Unfortunately, I seem to have hit a road block with the basics - backing up files, syncing with pc, ect before I unlock to flash. Dont know what the deal is, I've searched everywhere for an answer with no luck.

Its a brand new Diamond, never been unlocked or flashed before. I installed the WMDC cd to my desktop pc and couldnt get it to see my phone when connected with the factory supplied data cable. I trouble shooted the issue for many frustrating hours/days uninstalling WMDC and reinstalling. Was thinking maybe I had a bad CD so decided to try and DL WMDC to my laptop this time via MS's own website thus eliminating the possibility of it being that particular desktop or the installation CD, still no luck. Finally I just grabbed a random usb cable lying around and what ya know........it works! Turns out the OEM cable will charge my phone but wont communicate to either pc for some reason but the generic usb cable will. So anyways, I finally get the two devices talking and go into WMDC and select the option to import ( Pictures, Music and Video ) and start the import. Well turns out that WMDC is only importing my pictures and NO DAMN VIDEO It doesnt even seem to see the video's, WTH? So again im searching high and low on multiple forums for an awswer without luck and am about ready to throw this damn phone against the wall, putting us both out of misery.

So Yeah, im a bit frustrated just starting out. Bangin my head against the the wall and I havnt even gotten to the more complicated aspect's of kitchen's, cooking, ect yet. Anyone know what the problem could be? I would be very grateful if someone could shed some light on my "noob" situation. This really shouldnt be this diff but my track record of bad luck with phones / pc issues seems to preceed my efforts.

Last edited by OCVpR; 02-10-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint Diamond wont import video clips to pc

You could just connect your phone and drag the video file over to your phone and drop it in.

Openup your Diamond through start/computer/Diamond then open Internal storage find the file on your laptop and drag it to the internal storage folder.

And if youd like to do the reverse from the phone to the laptop just do those previous instructions in reverse.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

OCVpR is a n00b

Sweet it worked, thanks Tremp! Yeah I'm trying to get them off the phone and onto my pc. Had to DL Quicktime just to get them to play as Vista had no idea what a .3gp was, lame! I know I'm noob but to me, logically thinking, shouldnt a phone running Windows Mobile and a pc running a Windows OS (Vista) be able to funtion together?? Anyone else know why Windows Mobile Device Center will only import pics and no video? Also the video's I took while holding the phone vertically playback on my pc rotated. I also tried RealPlayer and the same thing.

Last edited by OCVpR; 02-10-2010 at 02:40 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCVpR View Post
Sweet it worked, thanks Tremp! Yeah I'm trying to get them off the phone and onto my pc. Had to DL Quicktime just to get them to play as Vista had no idea what a .3gp was, lame! I know I'm noob but to me, logically thinking, shouldnt a phone running Windows Mobile and a pc running a Windows OS (Vista) be able to funtion together?? Anyone else know why Windows Mobile Device Center will only import pics and no video? Also the video's I took while holding the phone vertically playback on my pc rotated. I also tried RealPlayer and the same thing.
Did you actually go into Windows Media Player with the device synced up and set it up? You have to do that for it to know what media to monitor for that device.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: orange

simemate is a n00b

Hi, Never had to join a forum before but just cant get the videos off the HTC Diamond, will import the pictures though as above . Have tried to drag and drop (and also copy and paste) from the internal memory but get a error 2041: an invalid sample description was found in the movie when I try to watch it. Have got the most recent Quicktime DL.

Any helpers out there. Got a year's worth of videos of my family and the handset is on the blink!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simemate View Post
Hi, Never had to join a forum before but just cant get the videos off the HTC Diamond, will import the pictures though as above . Have tried to drag and drop (and also copy and paste) from the internal memory but get a error 2041: an invalid sample description was found in the movie when I try to watch it. Have got the most recent Quicktime DL.

Any helpers out there. Got a year's worth of videos of my family and the handset is on the blink!!!
After you drag it over are you changing the file extension of the video? you might have to, I don't really remember. If you change the file extension of the video to .3gp they should play.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: orange

simemate is a n00b

Excellent!!! Thanks. I'm converted to this forum thing...

Strange that you have to got to such a hassle to back up the video. No idea why quick time and WMP wouldn't play a .mp4 still...

but hey-ho thanks all the same. Simemate.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond