PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Switching to the Nexus One...it's been real Windows Mobile

So this is the way I see it....yes I am super psyched for the Touch HD2, but I've come to the sad conclusion that it would just be a bigger Diamond in my pocket with a better processor and screen...not something I'm going to drop hundreds of dollars on...until the time is right, MAYBE when it has windows mobile 7 on it, but not with WM6.5 and TF3D 2.5, which I already have on my Diamond. OMJ's latest rom gives the phone all the functionality of an HD2, so waiting and waiting and WAITING for the HD2 is no longer an option, it's been way too long, and the phone doesn't excite me that much anymore.

The way I see it, I get the Nexus one now, experience all that Android has to offer on the Nexus One until Winows Mobile 7 hits and then upgrade to a Windows Mobile 7 device so I can experience that.

As far as my plan goes it's not a bad deal. I am still going to keep my Diamond as I have a Sero Plan with no contract (adds up to about $40 a month for unlimited everything with my Diamond) for at least a month or two until I cancell the line just incase I really hate the Nexus one and want to get rid of it. My credit is spotless so I got approved for 10 lines with T-Mobile with no deposit. I'm going to have myself, my girlfriend, and my brother on a family plan...I will have the Nexus One, and my girlfriend and brother will have whatever troll phones I choose to give them...nobody is touching my Diamond...nobody. It's easily the best phone I've owned to date but unless I really hate the Nexus One once it comes in the mail, I might be bidding this forum farewell. Not that many of you will miss me because I am well aware that I am an arrogant prick most of the time...but it's out of love, most of the time I try to help people, and if you can't be helped I usually try to point out how funny it is that people actually have a hard time doing any of this sh*t. I know there have been a few folks who have thanked me for my time which I appreciate. If I've ever offended you...good, you deserved it haha .

But in all seriousness I'm not going to end it on a mean spirited joke. I really have appreciated working with everyone here in getting my phone to where I wanted it to be. To absolutely EVERYBODY who's ever helped me, given me shit, or taken shit from me...THANK YOU!

Last edited by JQuill; 02-14-2010 at 12:14 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: Switching to the Nexus One...it's been real Windows Mobile

You do have a way with words, and yes there have been a few who were offended ... but I'll miss your contributions. Stay in touch ... I'm still hoping Sprint will eventually bring the Nexus One on board.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

HEDRICKMS is just getting started

LOL... Well, I am not sure you have ever offended me, but then again maybe you have and I never paid much attention to it. I do have to say that I have enjoyed your sense of humor, very similar to my style, hence why I have been so quiet for so long. Sometimes it is easier to just not say anything at all LOL...

Seriously, good luck.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
You do have a way with words, and yes there have been a few who were offended ... but I'll miss your contributions. Stay in touch ... I'm still hoping Sprint will eventually bring the Nexus One on board.
Yeah man you've been a big help a lot of the times on here and I do appreciate it. I live in Boston so T-Mobile has great reception in my area and in surrounding states...New York kind of sucks but once T-Mobile upgrades their towers to 21mbps data speeds their phones will also be able to roam on AT&T towers. The Nexus is perfect for what I need right now until Microsoft stops embarrassing themselves when it comes to innovation in the mobile sector.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:25 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Good luck dude!
Old 02-16-2010, 03:03 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

man, i wish i had money to blow like you and many other people on this forum with 2 or 3 extra phones that they dont even use.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake044 View Post
man, i wish i had money to blow like you and many other people on this forum with 2 or 3 extra phones that they dont even use.
It's really not a bad deal...I'm going to end up paying under $200 a month for four phones, two of them being the Diamond and the Nexus one. And I only pay for my half of the bill not theirs. It's a good deal.

Edit: Though apparently according to the PPCG main page HTC is releasing a version of Sense UI for WM 7 Series. Should be interesting.

PS - I def. use every phone I have. The Diamond is $40ish a month, if you can't afford that then you can't afford these phones and probably don't have a lifestyle where you'd need a smart phone to begin with.

Last edited by JQuill; 02-17-2010 at 12:39 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond