PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: Sprint

hasseye is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Big Break for us Sprint users????

so i was over at XDA browsing the Sense 2.5 vga mod, where i saw that a new version of sense is being released 2.5.211 or somethin like that

anyways one of the moderators mentioned that inside some of the files there was a file named....topaz_S2

topaz....hummmmm thats nothing new now, every GSM carrier has had the topaz for months now since when does HTC randomly come out with the latest update package for Sense especially when theirs no problems with it

Member back when the HTC HD2 package file got released and it said TMO

get what i'm thinking?? maybee Sprint is finally releasing the Topaz for us sprint users topaz_S2 "S"PRINT???

Maybe its version 2 of the topaz for Sprint....if you think about it sprint has yet to come out with a non-keyboard htc or even wm device since the diamond.....every other carrier has came out with at least 1 if not more...gsm has the topaz/diamond2...tmobile also is getting the HD2...verizon has the imagio which is better than the diamond 2

This is no surprise either that a manufactor has released a model months after others, example verizon releasing the diamond monthss after everyone else.
it doesnt seem like sprint or htc is coming out with any latest devices for CDMA..so it kinda does make sense.

now i have absolutly no facts in regards to this...this is strictly just a rumor created by me....andd maybee ive been hopingg for a new device so badly i'm thinking of anything cause frankly it seems liek my diamond is on its last leg (screen sometiems wont turn on anymore)

You guys think i'm jumping to conclusion wayyyy to much??? or does it at least make sense
Old 02-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Re: Big Break for us Sprint users????

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasseye View Post
so i was over at XDA browsing the Sense 2.5 vga mod, where i saw that a new version of sense is being released 2.5.211 or somethin like that

anyways one of the moderators mentioned that inside some of the files there was a file named....topaz_S2

topaz....hummmmm thats nothing new now, every GSM carrier has had the topaz for months now since when does HTC randomly come out with the latest update package for Sense especially when theirs no problems with it

Member back when the HTC HD2 package file got released and it said TMO

get what i'm thinking?? maybee Sprint is finally releasing the Topaz for us sprint users topaz_S2 "S"PRINT???

Maybe its version 2 of the topaz for Sprint....if you think about it sprint has yet to come out with a non-keyboard htc or even wm device since the diamond.....every other carrier has came out with at least 1 if not more...gsm has the topaz/diamond2...tmobile also is getting the HD2...verizon has the imagio which is better than the diamond 2

This is no surprise either that a manufactor has released a model months after others, example verizon releasing the diamond monthss after everyone else.
it doesnt seem like sprint or htc is coming out with any latest devices for CDMA..so it kinda does make sense.

now i have absolutly no facts in regards to this...this is strictly just a rumor created by me....andd maybee ive been hopingg for a new device so badly i'm thinking of anything cause frankly it seems liek my diamond is on its last leg (screen sometiems wont turn on anymore)

You guys think i'm jumping to conclusion wayyyy to much??? or does it at least make sense
Even if you're right which I'm 99% sure you're not...the Topaz would be a huge disappointment...it's not much better than a Diamond with a well built Sense rom.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Threadstarter

hasseye is just getting started

at this point ill take it....you would imagine that they would upgrade the ram slightly in your...butt ya your right

however, i'll be the first to upgrade to it. I guess i'm that desperate for a device.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Grogck is a n00b

Sprint seems to have sold itself so far up the (doomed, despite being reasonably nice) Palm river that they seem to have been ignoring WM completey. I can understand WM being overlooked some for Android's current mojo. But I just don't see any world where Palm realistically has a future as a thriving, successful company. The only major WM news I've heard out of Sprint recently is that they're supposedly planning a 'big' update to the TP2 later this Spring. *golf clap*

Hopefully we'll see some sort of news coming out of MWC (although I thought the same thing coming out of E3 and that didn't happen.)
Old 02-03-2010, 06:13 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grogck View Post
Sprint seems to have sold itself so far up the (doomed, despite being reasonably nice) Palm river that they seem to have been ignoring WM completey. I can understand WM being overlooked some for Android's current mojo. But I just don't see any world where Palm realistically has a future as a thriving, successful company. The only major WM news I've heard out of Sprint recently is that they're supposedly planning a 'big' update to the TP2 later this Spring. *golf clap*

Hopefully we'll see some sort of news coming out of MWC (although I thought the same thing coming out of E3 and that didn't happen.)

the bottom line is android is the hot new item while winmo is on the back burner until we see wm7. i do agree palm is a sinking ship, too bad as webos had potential.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:39 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

IF Sprint does get the D2, I still may consider it....I know the SuperSonic specs will blow it away, but I'm not really interested in Android....it's a toss up

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond