PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 05:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

loc37 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint HTC Diamond to Cricket

Hello,
I just got my HTC Diamond from Sprint and I want to flash it on the Cricket network. I am having trouble loading up the rom i want to go through this process. I am getting Error 296 when I go through with the ROM update process, and also the status of the phone does not change through that process it stays at 0. If any one can help me I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue
Re: Sprint HTC Diamond to Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by loc37 View Post
Hello,
I just got my HTC Diamond from Sprint and I want to flash it on the Cricket network. I am having trouble loading up the rom i want to go through this process. I am getting Error 296 when I go through with the ROM update process, and also the status of the phone does not change through that process it stays at 0. If any one can help me I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Did you unlock the phone?
You will also need the spc to reprogram the nam.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Changing it to the cricket network has nothing to with flashing.

Try reading the stickies in the Upgrades section if you want to learn about flashing.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:49 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

loc37 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcperdue View Post
Did you unlock the phone?
You will also need the spc to reprogram the nam.
when I put the phone in bootloader mode it says unlocked. And I have not reprogramed the nam... How do I do that? What happens is that I try to upload a Rom and it just stays at 0% there is no progress on it it seems like sit just don't let me do it any advice in that.

Thanks
Old 11-22-2008, 08:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

loc37 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post

Try reading the stickies in the Upgrades section if you want to learn about flashing.
Thanks for the reply but my main goal is to work on cricket. How do I go on that is it switching roms or radios or what so I have to do.

Thanks for your time.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue

Quote:

Do you use cricket?

If somone is using this phone on cricket which I am then its ALL ABOUT FLSHING. The sprint stuff on the phone does this guy no good. So he needs to use a clean rom without the sprint garbage. Also flashing a rom will allow him to get rid of the cm guardian so he can program his wap settings in the phone without them being reset all the time. Also flashing will get rid of the sprint picture mail so he can use and setup mms.

Like I said above before you can get your phone to work with cricket you need to know your phones spc. All this information is on the forums. Use your search feature it does work.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Kitchen Builder

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Changing ROMs is not required for a phone to work on any other network. Everything you've mentioned can be done with the sprint stock ROM, activesync, a text editor, and if you want, you can use QPST to change the banner.

Changing ROMs is very beneficial at the same time. It also requires much less intelligence in order to do things, but EPST settings are not always that easy.

I answered that it is not required, and it's not. Change the EPST settings and activate it, then you're done. The rest is user experience and preference.

Last edited by tobeychris; 11-22-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:33 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

loc37 is a n00b

Okay what I have done as of right know is set my HTC diamond with the Juicy rom version 3.6. And from here i have found my spc and I have used CDMA Workshop to go in and change the SPC to 000000 and changed the MIN and the Direct number for my number i also changed the banners so it can say CricKet... when I use my phone it says my phone cannot be validated. Is there any specific coding that i need to put in CDMA so i can press *228 on Cricket and have it as a Cricket phone? .. and also does any one have the unlock code for the EPST on the Juicy rom version 3.6.

Thank you for all who replied/reply
Old 11-23-2008, 01:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

loc37 is a n00b

Quote:
Changing ROMs is not required for a phone to work on any other network. Everything you've mentioned can be done with the sprint stock ROM, activesync, a text editor, and if you want, you can use QPST to change the banner.

Changing ROMs is very beneficial at the same time. It also requires much less intelligence in order to do things, but EPST settings are not always that easy.

I answered that it is not required, and it's not. Change the EPST settings and activate it, then you're done. The rest is user experience and preference.
I have a mogul that works on circket and I want to know if I can copy all the EPST settings from the mogul to the diamond or where can I find the configuration of EPST to the diamond so it can work on cricket. Thank you
Old 11-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Kitchen Builder

copy the same general settings, yes. You'll have to use the right phone numbers and esn and so on.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond