PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 12:13 PM
b194331

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Exclamation ROM without phone capabilities??

I realize this might be a weird question , but is it possible to make a working ROM that doesn't have phone capabilities like no radio or prl?
I basically need this phone to just become a pda. I know I can just turn on airplane mode but need something more permanent and secure than that. If working with omjs kitchen, what would I need to remove? Or is it even possible?
Old 01-31-2010, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint model)
Carrier: Cricket

ejdavis72 is keeping up the good workejdavis72 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ROM without phone capabilities??

Quote:
Originally Posted by b194331 View Post
I realize this might be a weird question , but is it possible to make a working ROM that doesn't have phone capabilities like no radio or prl?
I basically need this phone to just become a pda. I know I can just turn on airplane mode but need something more permanent and secure than that. If working with omjs kitchen, what would I need to remove? Or is it even possible?
I don't think there is such a ROM but you could probably use CDMA workshop to remove the PRL or just change it to a different one that doesn't work with your service provider.

I have never tried to do that but I THINK it would work. The airplane mode turns the radio off so I would think just doing that would be plenty secure enough. Hope this helps
Old 01-31-2010, 02:22 PM
b194331

Thanks, yeah I figured I might have to do that. So, removing the prl would completely disallow the phone to connect to sprint, right? Reason I ask, is that I got burned on a craigslist deal and so had to use diamonds e$n.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint model)
Carrier: Cricket

ejdavis72 is keeping up the good workejdavis72 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b194331 View Post
Thanks, yeah I figured I might have to do that. So, removing the prl would completely disallow the phone to connect to sprint, right? Reason I ask, is that I got burned on a craigslist deal and so had to use diamonds e$n.
If you remove the prl ( I'm not sure if that is even possible cause I have never tried it) that should work or you can change it to a different one like for Cricket or something. Look on the Howard forums in the Cricket section and you will find the PRL's then use QPST to load that PRL. The only problem is that you will need the SPC (service programming code) to get in there with QPST. There is a hack to get you SPC that I have posted on here that works great so just look at my posts. If I have helped don't forget to hit the thanks button!

You will need this driver too for when you put your phone in Diagnostic mode. ##diag# will get you there and then plug it into your computer. then go to the device manager in your computer and find ports and right click and update driver. Then browse the computer find the drivers and install them. after that start QPST and add the port you phone is on.

If you need anymore help just PM me.
Attached Files
File Type: rar CentroTreo800w_DiagDrivers.rar (102.7 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ejdavis72; 01-31-2010 at 07:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:01 PM
b194331

Thanks for all that I'll go and find a cricket prl then

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond