PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint model)
Carrier: Cricket

ejdavis72 is keeping up the good workejdavis72 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My boss is gonna get me a new Sprint phone of my choice

So my boss called me on my Diamond the other day and told me that he is gonna get me the phone of my choice from Sprint for my company phone cause right now I'm using my own Diamond flashed to Cricket.

I told him that I am very happy with my phone and phone service but he pressured me into it, so here is my dilemma.

I don't wanna use my Diamond for company use even though it's a Sprint phone that would work with their service. THAT'S MY PHONE!

I don't wanna go to the Hero cause I am VERY happy with Windows Mobile and I don't want the Touch Pro 2 cause I don't use them keyboards and it's just too big for my taste and I just DON'T like the BlackBerry's at all.

My boss says that he will pay for unlimited everything on my new phone and I can keep it if I upgrade.

Any suggestions for what phone I should take?? This is very sad for me cause I finally found a phone that I like everything about and now my boss is screwing me out of using it!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Re: My boss is gonna get me a new Sprint phone of my choice

Sprint doesn't have too many windows mobile phones other than the tp2 currently. I think you can still get a treo pro/htc snap...but I'd definitely go TP2 before them. Tell him to get you a tmobile plan and a hd2 .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Sprint doesn't have too many windows mobile phones other than the tp2 currently. I think you can still get a treo pro/htc snap...but I'd definitely go TP2 before them. Tell him to get you a tmobile plan and a hd2 .
Oh Yeah I WISH! Ha ha, But the whole company is with a huge Sprint group plan and I wish there was some way to convince him to go with some other phone service but I would probably need a nice set of DSL's and some big hooters!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:42 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Go with the tp2 man, you wont regret it.
its not as big as it seems in videos and pics.
overall size actually isnt a whole lot bigger than the diamond when you comparevthem side by side.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 01-22-2010, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
Go with the tp2 man, you wont regret it.
its not as big as it seems in videos and pics.
overall size actually isnt a whole lot bigger than the diamond when you comparevthem side by side.
I hear that they have one hell of a speakerphone on them! Are they really that much better than the Diamond?
Old 01-22-2010, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D + Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

leylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yea the speakers are hell lot better.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:34 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

I came from the diamond and havevno regrets whatsoever.
The screen alone is worth it. I also didnt care anything about the hardware KB but i acually kinda like it.
I would definatly go for it!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
I came from the diamond and havevno regrets whatsoever.
The screen alone is worth it. I also didnt care anything about the hardware KB but i acually kinda like it.
I would definatly go for it!
Well thanks man, maybe I will just go with that cause I really do love my Windows Mobile.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejdavis72 View Post
Well thanks man, maybe I will just go with that cause I really do love my Windows Mobile.
I agree with Yearn as well. Frankly I wouldn't have a tp2 if he didn't nudge me to do it! Here are the 3 things that make it worth it.

1. Screen
2. Screen
3. Screen, justkidding, that's 1. You just have more real estate to click links on websites, type on the onscreen keyboard, etc.

2. Battery life is definitely better. Don't know what they did but it has improved which is always a good thing for a work device. Using my highly scientific battery drawing technique(not really), I see about a 20% battery improvement over the diamond. my avg draw would be 4.5/5% an hour with moderate usage on the diamond, with the tp2, it's more like 3.5%. Other thing is battery actually charges to 100% and doesn't do the 100 to 92% battery in 5 minute thingy. Also, Have noticed less heat in the hand with heavy usage. I think they insulated this puppy better than the tp1 and diamond.

3. Yes the option to use the hard keyboard is there which to me wasnt even a consideration before but it is nice especially if you need to bang out a longer email. I still use the on screen a good bit since its so accurate with the larger screen and bigger keys.

I just switched a couple days ago and do miss the form factor of the diamond. But the tp2 is bulit very well and like Yearn said, it really isn't that much bigger. I would get the tp2 if you are getting it free or at a good discount. Now if you need to pay the upgrade price for it, I would wait.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I agree with Yearn as well. Frankly I wouldn't have a tp2 if he didn't nudge me to do it! Here are the 3 things that make it worth it.

1. Screen
2. Screen
3. Screen, justkidding, that's 1. You just have more real estate to click links on websites, type on the onscreen keyboard, etc.

2. Battery life is definitely better. Don't know what they did but it has improved which is always a good thing for a work device. Using my highly scientific battery drawing technique(not really), I see about a 20% battery improvement over the diamond. my avg draw would be 4.5/5% an hour with moderate usage on the diamond, with the tp2, it's more like 3.5%. Other thing is battery actually charges to 100% and doesn't do the 100 to 92% battery in 5 minute thingy. Also, Have noticed less heat in the hand with heavy usage. I think they insulated this puppy better than the tp1 and diamond.

3. Yes the option to use the hard keyboard is there which to me wasnt even a consideration before but it is nice especially if you need to bang out a longer email. I still use the on screen a good bit since its so accurate with the larger screen and bigger keys.

I just switched a couple days ago and do miss the form factor of the diamond. But the tp2 is bulit very well and like Yearn said, it really isn't that much bigger. I would get the tp2 if you are getting it free or at a good discount. Now if you need to pay the upgrade price for it, I would wait.
Thanks for helping me to make my decision and I will just go with the Pro 2 since it's free and all. Thanks a lot

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond